Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window drop issue 996

szilard

Has anyone had similar problems? I've had my nearside door off for some repair work on the sills (could be coincidental), but since then my window doesn't stay down after opening the door. It drops a bit as normal, but jumps back up after releasing the handle. The strange thing is that if I slowly pull all the way & release the handle it stays down & closes as usual. So I don't think it's a microswitch issue & that's why it's kind of baffling me. Any ideas someone please...? :?:

you could have a slow reacting switch because of contamination on the contacts, when you pull the handle slowly it gives the switch longer time to make contact.
That's the cheap solution to the problem, next person will give you the expensive one. :puh:

steve1 said:
you could have a slow reacting switch because of contamination on the contacts, when you pull the handle slowly it gives the switch longer time to make contact.
That's the cheap solution to the problem, next person will give you the expensive one. :puh:

Tnx Steve1...I'll take the door card off & investegate. I'll post the outcome. Cheers... :thumb:

I had similar issues with my window, it was doing all sorts of weird things. I stripped all the parts off the door and cleaned up all the connections and put it back together, it hasn't been an issue since, only took a couple of hours to do and cost me nothing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back