Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 up for sale

graeme1

Hello all

Bit of a weird way to introduce myself as I have been reading the threads of this 'ere 993 section on the forum for years, just never registered !
Have however been active on the PCGB one for over a decade so am not a total recluse / hermit / cave dweller :D.

But the time has come for me to move on, to generate some funds for the business, and downsize. So this post is to flag up my C4 now listed in the For Sale section in the 993 forum here. (1997 993 C4, manual Varioram, 99,300 miles, Ocean Blue metallic / Marble Grey leather).

Please tell your contacts / friends if you know of anyone with a hankering after / interest in one of the last of the hand-built !
I will happily send further details / arrange visit if they get in touch via the details in the ad.

Tks,

Graeme

"It has the same wide body as the 4S and turbo 993 variants"

You sure the S & Turbo bodies aren't wider with spacers on the wheels to push them out into the arches? Just checking...

Welcome and possibly "goodbye"...

Keenly priced considering the Cat C marker and looks a nicely kept car, however the C4 is a narrow body car like its cousin the C2. Only the S, 4S & Turbo had the widebody. :wink:

Not sure about the 15% increase in power re NVR to VR, more like 5%, 272 PS vs 286 PS.

C.

I did notice the wiper widget was missing which is always a worry for those in the know about 993s

And of course as already mentioned it's a narrow bodied car which I am surprised you didn't know :dont know:

The water damage will send a shiver down many a spine of a prospective buyer but I wish you well and good luck with your sale.

Zingari might be up for offering 25bags :)

finally a genuine 25 bags 993 ;)

c4

25 bags indeed. That means it's doubled in value in the last 10 years. Was it really worth as little as 12 bags in 2007? I didn't think they ever got that cheap!

graeme1 said:
Hello all

Bit of a weird way to introduce myself as I have been reading the threads of this 'ere 993 section on the forum for years, just never registered !
Have however been active on the PCGB one for over a decade so am not a total recluse / hermit / cave dweller :D.

But the time has come for me to move on, to generate some funds for the business, and downsize. So this post is to flag up my C4 now listed in the For Sale section in the 993 forum here. (1997 993 C4, manual Varioram, 99,300 miles, Ocean Blue metallic / Marble Grey leather).

Please tell your contacts / friends if you know of anyone with a hankering after / interest in one of the last of the hand-built !
I will happily send further details / arrange visit if they get in touch via the details in the ad.

Tks,

Graeme

That really is a good looking C4...... in the right colour too ...
I'm sure someone will take it and keep it on here..................
GLWTS

Re: c4

stichill99 said:
25 bags indeed. That means it's doubled in value in the last 10 years. Was it really worth as little as 12 bags in 2007? I didn't think they ever got that cheap!

Yep. A 12 bagger was the scrap price if yousold off the parts.

GLWTS George :thumb:

Hi fellas

And tks for the editing help :thumb: on :
(a) the maths - 5% and not 15% on the power difference between NVR and VR. My clumsy working out was at fault there so I'm clearly culpable.
(b) the widebody bit. My error. I believe that was what I was told when I bought it, and have seen it as that ever since.
Another chap over the weekend has also corrected me on it, so it was clearly my misapprehension all along. Think it's the low stance that makes it look wider, too, that has kept the impression firmly planted in my mind.

Anyway I happily stand corrected and have removed the offending items from the ad as an update.

Thanks for the comments, chaps, it's all appreciated.

From my time owning the car, it's performed fine all round, inc electrically of course, and I've seen nothing negative whatsoever in relation to the water damage as it was minimal really - all light units renewed plus new alarm 3 owners ago / 11 years ago. Performed faultlessly ever since. In fact I would reckon there are other cars out there with far greater damage but which are not on the Cat C (or D) register at all.

Sure it's a blotch on the sale price anyone can expect but it doesn't kill the car itself off at all. Fortunately.

Graeme

graeme1 said:
the widebody bit. My error. I believe that was what I was told when I bought it, and have seen it as that ever since.
Another chap over the weekend has also corrected me on it, so it was clearly my misapprehension all along. Think it's the low stance that makes it look wider, too, that has kept the impression firmly planted in my mind.

Do you want to buy a number plate :dont know:

TR03VER

:?:

PS are you joking or being serious?

PPS I can't even find an emoji to show my amazement IF you are being serious :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back