Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Disgusting start stop

No Start/Stop on the GT3 (thank goodness). :)

In this case, less is more. :thumb:

911TEL said:
I have read somewhere that the Macan retains its last command on the stop/ start until otherwise asked to operate ...? Anyone know if this is the case ?

I had a macan courtesy whilst I was waiting to pick the GTS up. That kept start stop off when leaving and going back to the car. Unfortunately I didn't have it long enough to know if it stays like that all the time.

We have it on a petrol manual Golf.

I love it, works perfectly every time*, engine is fired as the clutch is pressed.

Makes perfect sense IMO in town traffic, why have cars sat there chugging out who knows what directly in to the lungs of the occupiers of the car behind?

Had an FL2 with it too, but that had a mind of its own! Only randomly cut the engine, and that being a diesel I guess was annoyingly slow to start when it did.

*except one time commuting home and it did not restart. 5yo battery had died just like that. No warning, no slow starts nothing. Just completely died at a junction. Jumpstart and the car was fine. £120 battery from eurocarparts and its running well again.

'Many of the magnetite particles we have found in the brain are very distinctive," said Maher. 'They are very rounded nanospheres, because they were formed as molten droplets of material from combustion sources, such as car exhausts, industrial processes and power stations, anywhere you are burning fuel."

Furthermore, said Maher: 'We also observed other metal-bearing particles in the brain, such as platinum, cobalt and nickel. Things like platinum are very unlikely to come from a source within the brain. It is a bit of an indicator of a [vehicle] catalytic converter source."

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ticles-found-in-human-brains-links-alzheimers

Nice.

Haven't scientists proved now that someone exposed to car fumes all their life compared to someone who hasn't shortens their life by approximately 2 days or something really pathetic like that?

Sure there was a documentary on the TV about it a few months ago.

Perfect on the Merc, slightly firmer pressure when stopped and off it goes. Cracking feature, power steering also stays active. Also stays off and doesn't do the annoying starting itself back up

Some info i found on it ..

The Auto Start Stop function is not available in the
following situations, for example:
- When Sport mode is activated.
- When PSM is switched off.
- During manoeuvring.
- When AC MAX mode is activated.
- When the 'Windshield defrost" function is active.
- At elevations above approx. 9850 ft (3,000 meters).
- After engaging a gear without pressing the clutch pedal
when the engine is automatically stopped.

The Auto Start Stop function is available with limited
functionality in the following situations, for example:
- If the air conditioning or passenger compartment
heating is operated at a high setting or if the defrost
function is running for long periods of time.
- If the charge state of the battery is low.
- On uphill or downhill gradients.
- When vehicle internal test processes are taking place,
for example automatic engine diagnosis.
- In the case of excessively low exterior or battery
temperature.

Just seen this thread,
I was nearly wiped out in an 2008 BMW 3 series,
Was an early version of start stop, which cut out just as I went to demand coming out of a motorcycle race meeting on a busy A49 junction, the car then wouldn't start on the push button start just as an artic lorry was rounding the bend. The lorry thought I was going to turn out & dash but nothing happened, he just missed me as I squirmed to the side of the road.
I hate start stop functions, although they have got more responsive as technology has improved. :pc:

They should only be fitted on cars owned in London.

First thing I do in my car after turning the key is hit the sport button which deactivates it, problem solved :thumbs:

In my 2015 Golf it was PITA as it could cut out even when rolling at slow speeds and made the steering heavy etc, and on the odd occasion it wouldn't start back up and I'd get a message saying "Start Manually" I have now had a Skoda for over a year and that works perfectly to the point it can detect the car in front moving off and restart the engine.

I was always switching it off in the Golf, I haven't found the need to in the Skoda.

If OPC won't switch it off, I'm sure an indie would, although would it be a warranty issue if it was deactivated?

gilford said:
First thing I do in my car after turning the key is hit the sport button which deactivates it, problem solved :thumbs:

+1

alex yates said:
Haven't scientists proved now that someone exposed to car fumes all their life compared to someone who hasn't shortens their life by approximately 2 days or something really pathetic like that?

Sure there was a documentary on the TV about it a few months ago.

I think I'd choose to give up those 2 days in my late 90s! As my mum says 'getting old is no fun'.

You all need to get into a 991 PDK !

On the rare occasion it's not in sport mode I stop, hold the brake on, the engine goes off, release it starts up, drive off, job done? PSE stays on throughout, so I get to hear the engine roar into life several times per trip, save fuel, save the environment etc. Kaboom bonus :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back