Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gear knob - do Porsche make this difficult on purpose?

knw911

So, I have bought an aftermarket gear knob to replace my stock one (wood trim and not my taste).

go to install it, and the shaft is square . not rounded like most. No problem I thought, I will just use a molded rubber bung to make it fit. No no no, the square shaft to too big to even get the knob on without the rubber bung.

So my question gents, any ideas on how to fit an aftermarket gear knob on these stupid stock shafts?

I'm actually tempted to hack the thing off and weld on a round steel rod.

Thoughts?

post a pic of the bits you have taken off and the bits you are trying to put on please

Attachments

• dollar_571_362.png
    dollar_571_362.png
    922.5 KB · Views: 1,430
  • 0 bytes · Views: 1,431
Love their extended shift knob for the 996. Very similar to the CSR Evo shift knob.

asterix_the_gaul said:
post a pic of the bits you have taken off and the bits you are trying to put on please

IMG_20181005_103012.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Love their extended shift knob for the 996. Very similar to the CSR Evo shift knob.

Dammit said:
That's because the CSR lever is a Function First part.

AHHH thats good to know.

I wonder if they will just sell the adapter part rather than the lot?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back