Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Cascade - Annoying splash screens

Stuart7

My 993 came with a Becker Cascade, which I believe is a desirable thing to have, although it has way more features than I will ever want to use.

When it powers up, it displays 2 annoying startup screens. I must press OK to get rid of these. I've checked the manual and cannot figure how to disable these. Much appreciated if anyone can help me.

Attachments

• beckerstartup2_882.jpg
    beckerstartup2_882.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,688
  • beckerstartup1_277.jpg
    beckerstartup1_277.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,688
The highway code one I can't get rid of but the other just stick the CD in. The ok button is well worn on mine. I still prefer it to the Porsche Classic and I've put the Indianapolis Pro back in the 944 as the sound quality is much better.

I agree with endoman, I think you are stuck with the highway code message.

The voice message will only come up after you have had the battery disconnected and volatile memory has gone. You can get rid of it by putting the system CD in and allow it to update, or place a copy of the system CD onto a larger memory card, so you'll never need to insert the CD because it will find it on there when it needs to.

The first message is safety related and can't be removed

The 2nd you have two choices:

- leave the system cd in or don't disconnect the battery, or

- upgrade the system software to 5.1 (6 is also available) which allows system files to be read from CF card freeing up the cd slot NB 5.1 and above also allows larger capacity CF cards to be used which means you can install larger later BMW maps and the system software on the same card

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Unfortunately I don't have the system CD -- I will see about obtaining one. I have no intention of using the satnav, so it's just a convenience thing to get rid of the startup screen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back