Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Topgear valved exhaust installation

rob001

Today I finally had time to install my 200 cell cat and valved mufflers for my gen 1, 2006 997 2S.

All parts lined up perfect, good quality however my OEM round dual end tips does not fit at all.

The end of the valved muffler is more ore less in center of bumper cut-out but my OEM round dual tip connection clamp is om the large pipe which is obvious not in center. See the picture.

Guess I need to order a Topgear end tip as well as the clamp is in center looking at the website. Anyone else had this problem before I order?

Rob

Attachments

• img_4072_108.jpg
    img_4072_108.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 2,250
  • img_4071_109.jpg
    img_4071_109.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,250
I just had the valved boxes fitted to mine and purchased the carbon tips. The photo shows the fitment between them and the box pipe. You're completely right about the new tips clamping centrally and I can't see how you might get the originals to fit without some serious reshaping of the exit pipes?

Not really answering your question but hopefully of some use.

Attachments

• img_4527_116.jpg
    img_4527_116.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,221
Did you have PSE before as these tips are from a PSE car with one tip bigger than the other, I guess the TG ones are made for the standard tips which are the same size and fix centrally as your new mufflers. Looks like you will have to get a new set from TG or OEM standard ones which will fit

Thanks for replies and picture of the carbon TG tip. I had before OEM PSE.
Need to order the centrally mounted TG tips. So anyone replacing OEM PSE don't forget to order TG end tips!

Thanks Phil, just ordered the TG carbon tips! I must say this TG system is very good to the ears with open valves, much better then OEM PSE!

I will put soon up for sale my OEM cats, valved muffler, dual tips, clamps and the TG remote on-off system which has been less then 50K miles, never seen a winter on the road and in perfect condition. So if anyone interested pls sent me a pm for more details.

Rob

Got the carbon tips from TG and it was not a good fit and was sent back same day. When fully tight I could easy move the tip around a bit. When tightening more the bolt snapped! Inner ring was positioned correct.

Measuring the o/s dia of the new TG valved exhaust against my OEM PSE exhaust learned that the TG is 58mm and OEM PSE 59mm. 1mm difference.

Installed the OEM tip without rear bumper and when fully tight also loose. Measured the i/s dia of OEM tip when closed and it is 58.5mm so no way that any tip will ever be a good fit on my TG system and I have reason to believe that my new valved exhaust is wrong (I guess wrong wall thickness of used pipe as you can see on picture)

I'm in contact with Topgear but if possible can anyone measure their TG exhaust end were the tip will be bolted on (if not installed) for me to find out what is really wrong here ?

Rob

Attachments

• binder1_page_3_418.jpg
    binder1_page_3_418.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,819
  • binder1_page_2_172.jpg
    binder1_page_2_172.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,819
  • binder1_page_1_110.jpg
    binder1_page_1_110.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1,819
I am amazed that topgears tips dont fit topgears exhaust :eek: thats a new one on me , I am confident Topgear will be suitably embarrassed and correct it ASAP , keep us posted. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back