Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911virgin have 7 996s listed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
coullstar said:
That mag article was in Jan of this year. A bits changed since then so I have to agree with Dammit to be honest.

I think they know there taking a gamble and hoping everything is stable and comes out better than expected so they have stock.

Don't get me wrong I hope you are right however I think your pretty blinkered if you don't believe that the market has slowed down in the last 6months to a year on 911's/ nice older cars due to current political issues. Too much uncertainty.

https://www.total911.com/sales-debate-are-3-4-litre-996-carrera-values-going-to-drop-any-lower/

http://actualinfo.website/2016/05/16/is-the-porsche-996-a-good-purchase/
Maybe if we get something written from yesterday some can be convinced that the sky is not actually going to fall in.

They are also fairly biased being 911 magazine on first article and second article does state "Whether it is a good investment, is still wait and see" Just because its in print or on the internet doesn't mean it will happen or be the truth.

You don't have to convince me they are good, I have one and love it but Im under no illusion that they will go the way of the aircooled stuff or even close to that.

They will hold their value and maybe go up if your lucky however looked at 996 turbo prices recently as I believe there coming down.

We've foregone (aka, lost) 440 million per week since we voted to leave the EU.

https://www.cer.eu/insights/whats-cost-brexit-so-far

And that's before we've left - and we currently don't know what terms we are going to leave on. Naturally that's had, is having, and will continue to have an impact.

For e.g. unless you absolutely have to, you would be crazy to buy a large asset today unless it's largely imported - so second hand cars and houses should be purchased in May next year when they may be very much cheaper than they are today.

Conversely items that have to be imported should probably be purchased now as you may not be able to get them for months after we leave, and in any case their cost in sterling is going to increase.

Following that logic, if you don't need that 996 it would be better to turn it into a dollar or Euro denominated asset before the value drops further.

996's have been gently appreciating, but that's based on how our economy was performing - now that we're in for some potentially severe turbulence it's likely that there will be a correction across many areas and assets.

Look at Mogg/Redwood/Baker advising their clients to move assets out of the UK and into the Eurozone ahead of our departure for e.g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back