Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 PSE tip removal

deece

My 997.2 PSE tips are looking tatty, I'm planning to take them off and clean up and respray.

But I can't get them off.... the silver shroud comes off fine, but the inner black pipes are stuck. I've removed the clamp, and the pipes move freely around, i.e. up down left right (I guess for adjustment), but I can't slide them off the main exhaust pipe.

Anyone removed these before?

I was trying to do the same and didn't figure it out, but had the bumper off so sprayed them in situ!

I hoping to tackle this again in the Spring... bumping up again, anyone successfully removed tips from a 997.2 PSE?

I had 9excellence take them off for me and paint them black. Apparently difficult and if you break the brackets you are potentially up for new tips.

It's easy.... doing the same myself you need a Torx socket, size E12.

You can see the star bolt behind the hex bolt, this is the one that allows you to remove the clamp from the exhaust :thumb:

Attachments

• 9972pse_tips_622.jpg
    9972pse_tips_622.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 3,054
Thanks for the reply guys.

Weebz, that image really helps, I'd already found the star bolt, taken completely off but couldn't shift it. That image helps because I didn't realise the clamp worked that way, maybes I need to prise it open a bit?

Although hear what you're saying boardingnath997, I think the clamp is welded to the inner pipe so snapping it won't be good.

I'll report back.

deece said:
Thanks for the reply guys.

Weebz, that image really helps, I'd already found the star bolt, taken completely off but couldn't shift it. That image helps because I didn't realise the clamp worked that way, maybes I need to prise it open a bit?

Although hear what you're saying boardingnath997, I think the clamp is welded to the inner pipe so snapping it won't be good.

I'll report back.

Also, when you re-fit the painted trims, make sure the shakeproof washer is in there, otherwise the bolt tends to loosen itself very quickly......

Bit of thread lock should also help :thumb:

PSE tip paint colour?

I need to respray my PSE exxhaust tips - both inner and outer. I think the silver colour matches the Carrera logo and front rad grilles on my 2009 C4S.

Anyone know a colour code or source for the silver paint?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back