Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mods

Lukec4s

Silverstone
Hi all

I'm a few months into ownership of a c4s and want to do a few mods. Hoping for some advice

The car has the design tek valvetronic exhaust, firstly the switch no longer works, I assume it's set to loud and the valves push air to close? I find it too quite and want something a little louder / sportier. Any suggestions? Do 200 cell cats improve sound or soley performance? Ideally just want good rear silencers.

Also I want to add spacers to widen the look. Research shows the most popular set up being 7mm fronts and 15mm rear.. any other suggestions and recommendations on where to purchase. Also do these look good on standard suspension or do people lower the car at all?

Thanks

Hi Luke, re the exhaust I would suggest you have a conversation with Topgear Exhausts they are a forum sponsor and give members 10% discount off the listed prices. Speak to Alex there hes the Director but I expect him to suggest they look at the valves and probably replace them with their valves as most seem to use the same or similar thing . Topgear are a manufactor so are best placed to help you with options . I would also look at their 200cell big bore cats.
the vid below is a valved exhaust with topgear 200cell big bore ,so yours would sound similar with the 200 calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=26fjqA6eUt8

if you then find you want a bit more look at changing the headers but do a bit at a time so you don't make it sound not how you want.

Getting the stance perfect for you is often something you need to mess with a bit but the accepted std is 7mm and 15mm but if your lowering it etc you may find you need to change that a bit or you may not as stance is like exhaust note and quite personal. when lowering decide what you want as there are 3 main options of springs if not going for coilovers and each spring set lowers slightly different heights from 15mm to 25/30mm .

My advice - it the cars suspension hasn't been replaced in its life, spend the money on it and get the car handling like it is meant too - and then if you have money left over, do the wheel spacers.

I am halfway through doing my rear RH links - all 5 - and still have the other 3 corners to do. I should be finished the whole set at this stage but as bolts are seized in bushes, I have to hack saw them out as many on here have done before me. It takes hours

While my car didn't have any knocking noises, and seemed to handle well, every Bush on the 4 links removed so far (track rod currently seized and awaiting hack saw) has been in poor condition.

The man maths i use is that if you don't do it, the person you sell to in the future may use this as a reason to discount the price. So therefore do it now and enjoy the new car feel for yourself! And it should make it easier to sell.

If your suspension links have been replaced - go ahead with lowering wheel spacers etc. the standard C4S is 10mm lower than the standard C2/4 based on what I have read.

Just my thoughts. :thumbs:

Thanks guys, I'll give top gear a shout then, that example
Sounds really nice.

Re the suspension, I'll have to get under for a look, no clue what's been changed over the years..

Surprised to hear that the c4s / turbo is only
10mm lower than a standard c2/4.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back