Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Came up well

S A Watt

I sold my Cayman S last year and regreted this very soon after.

I spent a long time looking But a few weeks ago I tracked down a Cayman GTS 981.

Didn't want the 718 as I wanted the 3.4 engine.

The car looked pretty good when I bought it but the guy was not a detailer. He washed the car keeping it clean but putting in swirls c perhaps not knowing.

Anyway I decided that before I ran the car that I wanted to detail it to the best standard I could.

I'm not a detailer but I spent around 30 hrs on it over 2 weeks

This is what I did

Powerwashed the car top to bottom and gave it a real good 2 bucket wash to see what we had.

Next I moved on to treating the car top to bottom including wheels with Tardis tar remover

Did not get everything I wanted out so moved on to iron out again from top to bottom including wheels. If you have never tried it give it a go. The care turns purple as this stuff take the impurities out

I then go stuck in in the arches making sure and crud was out.

Things were looking better but paint still not smooth so gave the car and wheels a clay bar.

Did the wheels with polish and then sealed them with wheel sealant

Now it was getting a lot better. But still have a fair bit of light shirls from previous owner washing the car maybe not as careful as I would.

So gave the car a machine polish with the D A Polisher. I had seen this done a lot but never done it myself. But got stuck in.

After that I gave the car a Blackfire polish and then 3 coats of the Blackfire midnight sun wet look wax.

Moved to the windows which I cleaned inside and out and then treated the outside of the windows with a glass sealant which is brilliant stuff. Who needs wipers.

Treated the plastics in the wheel arches and then did the tyres with a dressing.

Gave the plastics a full clean and then treated them with q2 trim sealant. Again seems good stuff.

Last things was to hoover the whole car and treated the leather.

I have attached a few photos of the results which I'm pretty pleased with. So If you have a bit of time get stuck in.

I have attached a few photos from the weekend now I'm actually getting out to drive it. Loving it.

Well done sir. Red is a rewarding colour when clean. Love it :thumb:

That looks absolutely stunning.
What brand / colour pad did you and which polish did you opt for?
You must be well chuffed with the result.
Have a virtual beer on Bob :thumb:

Great job! It has come up really well and you've saved hundreds compared to letting a detailer loose on it. It should be much easier to keep clean and swirl free now.

I used lake country tangerine pads and mezerna polish bud.

Will def have that beer :thumb: :thumb:

Great job! May be you should do a group discount and detail some cars for the forum members 🤠

Slayer said:
Great job! May be you should do a group discount and detail some cars for the forum members 🤠

:yeah:

Exactly what I was going to say :grin:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back