Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM 3 Guru required

chaser

Suzuka
Weird situation occurred today .... I noticed there was an unread text message showing on the pcm. I read the message from a customer requiring some work done. When I replied using my phone there was no record of the message on there, but was still readable on the pcm.
Long story short, the message had been received on Monday gone, 5 days ago, when I last used the car. The customer had to get someone else in to do the job, which is a bit annoying for both of us.
So, it appears that if I receive a text whilst the phone is connected to the car it doesn`t record the message on the phone.

Phone is a Samsung S7 and there is no issue when connected to my work van or my wife`s car ...... any ideas or settings I can change ? :dont know:

I didn't even know you could get texts on the pcm!

I don't have PCM3 to hand at the moment, but I think that I can recall seeing a menu option somewhere in the bowels of the system that gives you the option to remove the text from your phone or keep both. Unfortunately, I cannot remember where the option is, but it will be obvious if you can find the correct screen.

Another solution would be to revoke the access to texts in the Bluetooth permissions for your car on your phone, which might be the easier option, as the logic in PCM is far from logical, at least to me. :?

James M-S said:
I didn't even know you could get texts on the pcm!

It is a new unit fitted under warranty a couple of months ago, so should be latest edition, I can`t remember that facility on the original 2010 unit.

Still no closer to an answer on this, even after sifting through the PCM manual :nooo: So if anyone comes up with any ideas .... :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back