Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Car with Spacers - got any pictures?

ninenineseven said:
-- 997 -- said:
MaxA said:
If you stick to the original factory settings and haven't lowered the car, then 15&7 mm might well be fine.

A quick question on this topic, my next adventure is to fit Bilstein B6 PSM suspension all round and Techart Lowering springs, so once this is done then what .mm spacers is advisable to fit? Would it be the same 7mm & 15mm ? And after lowering the car with new springs and suspension do i have to take the car dor a 4 wheel alignment?

Cheers

J

Yes you will definitely need a 4 wheel alignment, if you're just looking for factory specification i'd just look for somewhere local with a Hunter system or similar.

Cheers :thumb:

Hows about the spacers, would they be the same 15mm rear and 7mm front?

Cheers...

J

I'd always want a realignment after adding new springs or dampers, or indeed any suspension part, just to ensure the wheels are actually aligned, with no excess toe or odd wheel position.

As to spacers, it's really a question of suck-it-and-see as there are so many variables. Phil's approach was to try a number of different combinations. As I've written, I've got 12mm all round on the C4S, but I'm no longer on stock rims (heaven forbid). There are more threads on this.

ninenineseven said:
29486062177_9ff4a7544c_k.jpg

This is mine 19x8.5 et50 which is the same as a standard 8 inch width wheel with a 13.4mm spacer and obviously lowered a bit.

God that looks good!

Thank you, I've not really done much apart from regular maintenance, change the wheels and lower it a bit...certainly nothing compared to Phil's efforts :worship: :thumbs:

easternjets said:
My alignments are as per factory set up, done last year.

Putting negative camber on just so that you can fit an extra wide spacer is utter madness, the only thing that's going to be 'tucked in' is you into the first hedge back you come to! Advising people to do this is dangerous.

Adding negative camber isn't going to automatically put you in the fence...

Lots of people out there running GT2/GT3 alignment on non GT cars (with the help of GT3 control arms). Given that the OEM suspension on all but those two models is limited to about -1.2 I think people will be safe.

I'm running -2.12 up front, not to deal with aggressive offset but to make the car handle how I like, and it definitely helped with preventing contact between the guards/ducting and my wheels, which are -53 ET and running 7mm spacers.

Attachments

• 703d578e_4b97_4974_a1ba_e7cacf49c3e4_113.jpeg
    703d578e_4b97_4974_a1ba_e7cacf49c3e4_113.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,524

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back