Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 detail questions

segart

Hi guys. Could anyone help with these queries.
1. Is the fag lighter permanently live (as it was on my 996) to enable me to plug a battery conditioner in.
2. What is the standard wheel size on the c2s
3. Subjective i know but should i hold out for a manual box or go with the more common pdk?
3. Anyone have any views on putting a carrera stripe down the side of a dark blue c2s, again subjective. I wad thinking of a sticket in orange. Naf?
Guidance needed!
Cheers rick

segart said:
Hi guys. Could anyone help with these queries.
1. Is the fag lighter permanently live (as it was on my 996) to enable me to plug a battery conditioner in.
2. What is the standard wheel size on the c2s
3. Subjective i know but should i hold out for a manual box or go with the more common pdk?
3. Anyone have any views on putting a carrera stripe down the side of a dark blue c2s, again subjective. I wad thinking of a sticket in orange. Naf?

Hi Rick,

1. Yes
2. 19"
3. Manuals are relatively rare on the Gen2, pdk's were very popular. Personally, I would go for a pdk, but suggest you drive one of each.
4. Stickers... not my bag, I prefer a stock look.

Good luck with your search... exciting times!

Manual box is rather lovely. If you're a manual fan then deffo hold out. Not a fan of the carrera stripe but am a fan of the Porsche script down the side. There is no right or wrong on that one.
Enjoy the aearch

PDK box is awesome, but you need to have the sports chrono option to fully appreciate it so make sure this is in the spec when you are looking. Once you have tried it you will want it and love it.

Thanks guys. All good advice and in line with my own thoughts. I have not been able to find a c2s manual to drive on the island. I spent an hour with the pdk version today however. I am a dyed in the wool manual fan, but at the same time i do like the double clutch pdk and it is an awesome bit of kit.
Anyway i decided to be sensible and mature over the search for my new 911, so took myself off to our local michelin starred restaurant, to work on the man maths over some chablis and claret. The upshot of that, whilst swapping texts with my opc sales person, is that i have now dealt on a 2010 carrera s pdk with sports chrono! Pics to follow!! Thanks for advice atb Rick

segart said:
Thanks guys. All good advice and in line with my own thoughts. I have not been able to find a c2s manual to drive on the island. I spent an hour with the pdk version today however. I am a dyed in the wool manual fan, but at the same time i do like the double clutch pdk and it is an awesome bit of kit.
Anyway i decided to be sensible and mature over the search for my new 911, so took myself off to our local michelin starred restaurant, to work on the man maths over some chablis and claret. The upshot of that, whilst swapping texts with my opc sales person, is that i have now dealt on a 2010 carrera s pdk with sports chrono! Pics to follow!! Thanks for advice atb Rick

You will love the PDK box especially as the island isnt long enought to get through all the gears manually :floor: I would have rather had a PDK but the car I have ticked all the other boxes except it was manual so I have to put up with all the wasted effort of messing around with an extra pedal knowing its a slower gear change than the PDK and more effort WHY are they still so popular :grin: well actually I dont think they are which is why there are so few manual gen2 cars around as most were sold as PDKs

Haha you are dead right about the size of the island. I dont really use my porsche or motorbike much on island as it is so frustrating. The traffic and roads are just too slow. Fortunately France is only 80 minutes away!
I think it will take time to get the hang of the pdk. I would i think have preferred a manual but all the advice i am getting is to get over it, and join the 21st century!
I pick it up on saturday and will post some pics!
Cheers
Rick

Congrats on the car. Look forward to the pics. Re the manual vs pdk, I like to put it like this. A CD or streaming is a very easy way to consume music, but a true connoisseur will choose a quality turntable and speaker set up to immerse themselves in the bliss of their chosen genre.
Just because it's high tech doesn't make it necessarily better.
The best part is that defining "better" can only be defined by each persons individual experience and expectation.
Enjoying French roads in a 911 is bordering on perfection.

I say you've got a great car either way, look forward to some pics.
Mines a manual & I love it, specifically wanted one, but I've never driven the PDK version.

I've just moved from a 987 Boxster Spyder with PDK and Sport Chrono to a 997.2 manual.
Whilst I really enjoyed the Spyder, I did find that I was driving with the PDK in Sport "auto" mode most of the time, only using the paddles occasionally. The PDK box really is so good it can make you very lazy.
The manual is much more involving and I am very happy with it, although I sometimes forget that I have to change gear myself....

I love the manual 3rd gear goes from almost nothing to almost 70mph :dont know:

It took an age to get delivery. 4 weeks to be exact, but here is my 'new' 2010 C2S PDK in Midnight Blue with dark blue leather. A slightly gloomy colour combo but it grows on you after a few days. Its not too 'look at me'! In fact it is nearly invisible on the road!

Much enjoying the car albeit I need to get it off island to experience gears 3 and upwards.
Cheers
Rick

Looks good once I clicked the thumbnail. Nice wheels.

Try Germany and you can get near the top of 6th gear.

Great colour midnight when its got a really deep wax shine on it , I prefered it to black when I had mine. if you want to brake up the sea of blue leather inside try colour coding the centre console to midnight maybe not quite as drastic as I went but pick out a few bits inside and out to accent for a lift. I was trying to brake up a sea of stone grey leather :grin: blue would have been easier :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• img_0439_109.jpg
    img_0439_109.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 2,765
  • img_0831_189.jpg
    img_0831_189.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 2,765
  • img_1332_171.jpg
    img_1332_171.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 2,765

New Threads

Forum statistics