Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What do we think of this?

Mmmm looks nice - though the bumper doesn't look right for a Carrera 2? Wonder if it has just had a turbo / 4s style bumper fitted or if it has ever had any front end damage?

Very low miles though, I'm interested :D

Needs way more info in the advert. Poor listing.

The stereo is crisp and the leather is supple. :grin:

What about the brakes, rads, condensers, water pump, AOS, suspension.

Could be great or it could need £5k instantly if you're fussy.

"This is an appreciating 911 996 and will never be worth less than this price" Hmmm we will see in a years time... :wink:

Slutters said:
"This is an appreciating 911 996 and will never be worth less than this price" Hmmm we will see in a years time... :wink:

Or 100k miles.

Interesting. I have no affiliation to car or vendor. I saved the car in my favourites before the pics were up. For the miles at the price it stands out.

But surely the side skirts and front PU aren't standard? It's almost like someone's tried to create their own Anniversary model.

Normally I'm the first to advocate low mileage cars (which is what makes this one stand out) but I can see from the pics that the leather is worn on the driver's bolster and steering wheel rim (not what I'd describe as 'like new").

Still it has premium tyres and it's in a nice location. If I was looking I think I'd want to know more.

Looks very nice - the front bumper is interesting...

While it may only have 26,000 miles, if that is made up of very short journeys, the engine could be more worn than a car that has 100,000 miles of 200 mile motorway journeys and needs to be considered.

All rubber parts will be past their best as the passage of time and the environment will impact them regardless.

Rust doesn't care about mileage either and sills and underbody could still need attention.

A thorough inspection would still be required and if someone wants it to drive like a new 996 as well as looking like a new 996, money would need to be spent. I think it is pricey...

Exhaust tips aren't lined up perfectly either if we want to be picky so probably needs engine mounts too.

Griffter said:
Interesting. I have no affiliation to car or vendor. I saved the car in my favourites before the pics were up. For the miles at the price it stands out.

But surely the side skirts and front PU aren't standard? It's almost like someone's tried to create their own Anniversary model.

Normally I'm the first to advocate low mileage cars (which is what makes this one stand out) but I can see from the pics that the leather is worn on the driver's bolster and steering wheel rim (not what I'd describe as 'like new").

Still it has premium tyres and it's in a nice location. If I was looking I think I'd want to know more.

I agree with all of this.
I don't want to speculate without alll the info but alarms bells for me are the front bumper, fat rear wheels (997?), skirts and blank plates, as in no supplying dealer. Surely at only 20-odd k miles it would all still be factory standard. If someone has had that little time to drive it, would they faff about changing bumpers etc?
Maybe as some people have money to burn, but maybe not.

My main number one question would be "How many owners?"
1 or 2 then ok but if it was 5 or something, I'd struggle it to believe it had fallen into the hands of say, five different owners, all of whom had hardly used it.
Like I say one or maybe two people, might both buy it for the same light duties, but anymore than that and I'd be suspicious.

I'm suspicious anyway though for some reason, rightly or wrongly. :?:

If we find out it's 2 owner and there's a good reason for the bumper change then I'll eat humble pie. :wink:

PS. I would never consider a 3.6 anyway due to the weaker IMS and even more so the borescore potential, but that's a whole different argument. In their defence they do have nicer bumpers if non-aerokitted and they're a smidge quicker, although how much 20hp extra on 300 matters is upto you.

wrong wheels. don't look right on 19s and ruins the ride and handling too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back