Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fluid Loss

Pageeey

:?
Hi All...
Have noticed some fluid drop onto the drive overnight, but can't work out what it is... doesn't appear to be oily.. so I'm putting it down to A/C something or other, but can't explain it... or decide whether it will only be condensation (in doubtful), or something broken.. also unsure why it would continue to drop with car off overnight if A/C..

It's coming out of the front of the middle undersheet, through one of the slots on the undersheet.. directly below the HVAC unit/centre stack in the car..

Any thoughts..?

Cheers

If you've been using the AC then its perfectly normal for condensate to drip out - if so its just water that has condensed and formed droplets.

The AC refrigerant itself is under pressure and wouldnt drip to form a puddle. You can usually tell by a scabby green patch around the leak.

It could of course be coolant but if its totally colourless and odourless then I doubt it.

Yeah I run with the AC on all the time, just surprised why this wouldn't have evaporated/stopped dripping after an 8hr rest..

Easy way to tell if it's coolant, touch your finger on the liquid then lick your finger you will know instantly if it's coolant

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back