Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New limited edition 700hp £650k Porsche 935 Moby Dick 2018

Thefinn said:
Do you think any of the 77 will ever be used in anger :?:

The motoring journalists will get hold of one at some point, they will likely send one up the hill at Goodwood and I wouldn't rule out some owners putting them on a couple of exclusive track days. So some. But lets face it - plenty of them are unlikely ever to make it off of delivery miles.

Put it this way - how many GT2RSs are trailered to the track and ran on slicks? Now triple the price and reduce the available number from 1000 to 77 - how many would you expect to see now. Consider that everyone who gets one of these "935"s probably already has a 918 and a GT2RS too. The more committed drivers may own a Cup, GT3R and/or vintage racing machinery as well. Even if a few are used in anger, the novelty is surely going to wear off pretty quickly?

Collectors item. :nooo:

A great shame if none of them get used as they should be - I admire Nick Mason for actually using his 250 GTO despite what it's worth - Top man :thumb:

I'm sure you will all be familiar with this video but if I had the necessary funds I'd definitely want a 935 Kremer K3 repro like this one:

Disco said:
I am really struggling to understand all of the love being thrown at this around social media. If I'd seen it without the official launch and press release I would have assumed that Leepu had a new series coming up soon.

To my eye it is a bit of a mess and its only purpose appears to be as a bauble for collectors to lock up in their automotive vaults. If you want a track only Porsche then frankly they have a full range of proper racing cars that are somewhat better value for money - you can get a full fat GT3R with enough change to buy a Cup car for that so after the initial media storm : what is it for?

There: I've said it... :nooo:

That saved me a lot of typing. :thumb:

HSC911 said:
God that's so stunning :worship:

I would actually pay to go and see that car :D

I did. :D

Actually that's not strictly true. I didn't even know it would be there so it was actually a freebie bonus. :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back