Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommend me a good low profile trolley jack

I wanted to be able to reach the rear crossmember on my 996 turbo, and took the following measurements:
- Ground to bottom of side skirt (at rear jacking point): 9.5cm
- Rear cross member to rear of car: 90cm
- Ground to bottom of exhaust silencer: 14.5cm

In the end, I went for the Weber WDK1.3 HLQ / WDK13HLQ, which is identical to the AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ model recommended by Pelican parts for jacking up a 996. It was quite expensive, but is a fantastic bit of kit - very low with a very long reach.

Some measurements of that and other jacks I looked at follow...

Sealey 2200HL (£275):
- Minimum Saddle Height: 80mm
- Maximum Saddle Height: 805mm
- Maximum Chassis Height: 220mm
- Overall Length: 950mm

Sealey 2000LEQ (£206):
- Maximum Saddle Height: 375mm
- Maximum Chassis Height: 92mm
- Overall Length: 860mm

Sealey 2000ESLE (£324):
- Minimum Saddle Height: 75mm
- Maximum Saddle Height: 520mm
- Maximum Chassis Height: 135mm
- Overall Length: 960mm

Clarke CTJ1500QULP (£179):
- Minimum Saddle Height: 72 mm
- Maximum Saddle Height: 607 mm
- Maximum Chassis Height: 240mm
- Overall Length: 880mm

Weber WDK1.3 HLQ / WDK13HLQ (£423):
- Maximum Saddle Height: 735mm
- Maximum Chassis Height: 160mm
- Overall Length: 940mm

Thanks all,

I guess I need to get shopping!

Just ordered the SGS 1.5t aluminium low profile "racing" ooh! Jack

Just read in this months 911 & Porsche World that Forge have released new low profile jack. May not be as robust but made of alloy so lightweight, roller front wheel. 85cm pad height, rubber covered, lift to 37.5 cm. Might be worth it for occasional use as only £95.99 inc VAT
Checkout www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

grbspeedster said:
Just read in this months 911 & Porsche World that Forge have released new low profile jack. May not be as robust but made of alloy so lightweight, roller front wheel. 85cm pad height, rubber covered, lift to 37.5 cm. Might be worth it for occasional use as only £95.99 inc VAT
Checkout www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

Thanks for the heads up - although I've already ordered the SGS one.

Looking at it it appears to be exactly the same as all of the other 1.25T aluminium jacks. I reckon there must be one factory that makes them all!

i have got that one and its cracking for the money from Costco.

I bought the sealey 1050CXLE jack, it's rated 2tonnes and has a 78mm low profile body that easily fits under all my low cars, pretty much anything 80mm or lower will work. This one was 35quid delivered off eBay so really super value, no complaints over quality either.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back