Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.1 cab C2 manual

You have inspired me to check, and my Function First shifter arrived in the UK yesterday, should be here shortly - doubtless with a customs fee to pay.

Plates have arrived - very impressed with the quality, speed of delivery etc.

They've done both at 17", which I hadn't expected - I'd only asked for the front to be short.

That said, it makes sense to have both the same size, I'll have to stick it on to see how it looks.

44899654202_7d13e6eeac_b.jpg

Im liking the gear knob , ive been looking at these , whats the quality like :)

Dammit said:
Looking at it through the plastic bag, very high - really quite impressed.

i can see this has moved up on my shopping list now :grin:

Saw the car today when i handed the shifter over, front bumper off, spoiler off, bonnet rubbed back - looked a bit forlorn, like a car in a breakers advert.

Paint will be done by next week, then it's the handbrake, shifter boot and fixing the roof. Hopefully I can collect it next weekend.

No - i got off lightly I think, £19.06 charge to pay when I picked the package up from the sorting office.

Function First marked the package value as $50, which I suspect helped!

Note: I didn't ask them to do that.

Dammit said:
Hopefully I can collect it next weekend.

I admire your optimism. :grin:
Fingers crossed though.

Shifter looks good. I can't decide whether to add it to my shopping list for over winter or not.
I've never once thought "That's in a weird position" about the factory one and it's definitely a mod that can't be passed off as a factory option.
Yellow gate pattern is cool though. 8)

Interesting mod. I await your report on it once it's in use. :thumb:

I did turn this one over and over in my mind before going ahead- as you say, it's definitely not factory. Ultimately it's easy to revert to stock if I don't like it- and it's a nod to the older cars.

I'll make a full report when I get the car back.

'Ultimately it's easy to revert to stock if I don't like it'

Perhaps I'll wait as I'm going for the same spec :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back