Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lovely MK1 GT3

kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:
It's a beautiful car. It's overpriced in my opinion.

Indeed, particularly being modified, in a weak colour scheme and with a few miles on the clock..

The UK Porsche car market is a strange place, a 19 year old car with 60k mile is a leggy car. The good new is 996's are easy to clock :grin: God knows what your going to do about the Halfords sorry Manthey mods though :nooo:

Whose car was it before going to market? Clearly it will have been on the track scene. It would be wrong not to have been although that applies to all GT3 and GT3 RS.

Overpriced compared to other GT3 or just over priced (market adjustment required on all 996 GT3)?

I shall post up a screen shot for posterity.

Pip

Attachments

• e899edd9_7293_4548_a326_ce5989089fea_553.jpeg
    e899edd9_7293_4548_a326_ce5989089fea_553.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 10,625
kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:

Indeed, particularly being modified, in a weak colour scheme and with a few miles on the clock..

It's one for the connoisseur, a properly fettled drivers car for road or track use. Definitely not one for someone searching out a one owner, never tracked garage queen to polish and watch appreciate :roll: Rather a wonderfully driveable but hardcore road car that will be as engaging, tactile and visceral as they come (it's pretty much the same spec as my old black Manthey car) but with an expensive, well nigh bulletproof gearbox for those of a hirsute posterior and knuckle dragging tendancies...

Try building something similar for less (and yes, it's seen some track action, but it's also had plenty of money thrown at it) and whilst it's not the strongest colour, it's unique AND a genuine Clubsport, one of just 28.
Form an orderly queue... (or if the doom mongers are to be believed, wait until March 30th next year and buy it for £40k :mrgreen:
Not.

If you actually want a drivers car, or a track rat at some sort of reasonable cost, with none of your modern electronic aids, surely the mk1 996 GT3 has to be it. These things are seriously cool.

8)

That's got to be one of the rarest colour's surely :dont know:

It looks :cloud9:

:worship:

kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:

60,000 miles (so around 3,100 per year) is not high surly on a 19 year old car? What miles do you think it should have?

If you was buying a modified car having Manthey on it has to be one of the best? (and revisable if need be, no?)

Colour is a personal thing - I think it looks great :thumb:

It's a stunning car.....Also, can't see the general negativity around cars that have been tracked.....Any GT3 owner that tracks their car ( well certainly all the ones I have ever met...) treat the car insanely well, most have the best of everything in terms of service and parts thrown at them, oil changes probably 3 or 4 times as regularly as recommended ( I do mine every thousand miles for example...) and when it's driven on the track, it' s not usually driven any harder than than on the road.

Generally I would say a track focused car is better looked after and probably healthier than a road car, that gets driven in the rain, salt, everyday ride.

markturner1960 said:
It's a stunning car.....Also, can't see the general negativity around cars that have been tracked.....Any GT3 owner that tracks their car ( well certainly all the ones I have ever met...) treat the car insanely well, most have the best of everything in terms of service and parts thrown at them, oil changes probably 3 or 4 times as regularly as recommended ( I do mine every thousand miles for example...) and when it's driven on the track, it' s not usually driven any harder than than on the road.

Generally I would say a track focused car is better looked after and probably healthier than a road car, that gets driven in the rain, salt, everyday ride.

A bit like a Super bike that has been tracked, it's what it was made for :thumb:

Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:

The UK Porsche car market is a strange place, a 19 year old car with 60k mile is a leggy car. The good new is 996's are easy to clock :grin: God knows what your going to do about the Halfords sorry Manthey mods though :nooo:

I guess Porsche made a ***** up of epic proportions when they bought Manthey and entrusted them with the running of their GT racing program?

I am also certain that you know far more about tuning Porsches than a team which has won the N24 more than 5 times against the best Audi, MB and BMW could throw at them...

Right...

:floor:

Went to school with the guy selling this as it goes, he's a good chap and I believe I've seen the car, as stated, it's a proper track weapon.

Cheburator said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:

I guess Porsche made a ***** up of epic proportions when they bought Manthey and entrusted them with the running of their GT racing program?

I am also certain that you know far more about tuning Porsches than a team which has won the N24 more than 5 times against the best Audi, MB and BMW could throw at them...

Right...

I think you have missed the irony of my post :dont know:

Cunno said:
Cheburator said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Gareth64 said:

Right...

I think you have missed the irony of my post :dont know:

Soz...

Feel like a right tit...

:bonk:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage