Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New limited edition 700hp £650k Porsche 935 Moby Dick 2018

Daniel

:worship:

Dear Santa.........

Porsche has unveiled the new 935 on the occasion of the historic 'Rennsport Reunion" motorsport event at Laguna Seca Raceway in California. The 515 kW (700 hp) racer featuring a body reminiscent of the legendary Porsche 935/78 will be produced in a limited number of 77 units.

'This spectacular car is a birthday present from Porsche Motorsport to fans all over the world," says Dr Frank-Steffen Walliser, Vice President Motorsport and GT Cars. 'Because the car isn't homologated, engineers and designers didn't have to follow the usual rules and thus had freedom in the development."

<see below for more details>

Wow Spike Feresten was correct when he said they were making a new slant nose 911... never thought it would be a new 935.

Limited-run 935 Le Mans tribute built to commemorate 70 years of Porsche sports cars

Porsche has revealed a limited-run celebration model inspired by the classic 935 Le Mans racer, to celebrate the firm's 70th birthday. Limited to just 77 units, the retro-styled single-seater is based on the current-generation 911 GT2 RS.

A modern reinterpretation of the 1970s 'Moby Dick' Le Mans race car, the new 935 gets a similarly elongated shape, aggressive aero, and a striking white and black paint job.

Featuring a body reminiscent of the Porsche 935/78 from the seventies, the firm's latest offering is made mostly from carbon fibre. The car measures 4.87m long and 2.03m wide, while the rear wing is 1.9m wide and 40cm deep. The car weighs 1,380kg.

It uses the 692bhp 3.8-litre water-cooled six-cylinder twin-turbo engine from the GT2 RS, as well as that car's seven-speed PDK dual-clutch gearbox. It also gets a race-optimised limited-slip differential and a dual mass flywheel.

The new 935 features MacPherson struts at the front and a lightweight multi-link suspension set-up at the rear. Every car gets electromechanical power steering with a variable rack, as well as 380mm (front) and 355mm (rear) brakes.

Like the GT2 RS, all 935 tribute cars feature PSM (Porsche Stability Management) as standard. This allows the driver to switch the car's drive modes, altering the sensitivity of the traction control and anti-lock braking system.

Inside, the new 935 continues its modern-edged retro theme. The gear lever gets a laminated wood design like the legendary 917 race car. The carbon steering wheel and digital cockpit is more contemporary, however; lifted from the 2019 GT3 R. The cabin is completed with a thick roll cage, racing bucket seat and six-point harnesses.

Limited to just 77 units, each Porsche 935 tribute will cost €701,948 (around £625,000). First deliveries are due in June 2019.

Porsche935-00.jpg

Porsche935-01.jpg

Porsche935-02.jpg

Porsche935-03.jpg

Porsche935-04.jpg

Porsche935-05.jpg

Porsche935-06.jpg

Porsche935-07.jpg

Porsche935-08.jpg

Porsche935-09.jpg

Porsche935-10.jpg

WOW! Now that's what I call a serious pice of kit - I was totally hooked, right up to the mention of a Dual Mass Flywheel :nooo: :grin:

Seriously tho': Even though most mortals will never get the chance to own one, in this day and age £625k actually sounds like quite good value...

Mark

Wow! :eek:

A brilliant take on an icon. Pity most will end up in the hands of flippers and investors.

Awesome thing. There are some very lucky people in this world, who get to own things like these. 8)

yes please, apart from the badge on the steering wheel that looks like a stick on job from ebay :D I`m being picky

God that's so stunning :worship:

I would actually pay to go and see that car :D

I am really struggling to understand all of the love being thrown at this around social media. If I'd seen it without the official launch and press release I would have assumed that Leepu had a new series coming up soon.

To my eye it is a bit of a mess and its only purpose appears to be as a bauble for collectors to lock up in their automotive vaults. If you want a track only Porsche then frankly they have a full range of proper racing cars that are somewhat better value for money - you can get a full fat GT3R with enough change to buy a Cup car for that so after the initial media storm : what is it for?

There: I've said it... :nooo:

Disco said:
I am really struggling to understand all of the love being thrown at this around social media. If I'd seen it without the official launch and press release I would have assumed that Leepu had a new series coming up soon.

To my eye it is a bit of a mess and its only purpose appears to be as a bauble for collectors to lock up in their automotive vaults. If you want a track only Porsche then frankly they have a full range of proper racing cars that are somewhat better value for money - you can get a full fat GT3R with enough change to buy a Cup car for that so after the initial media storm : what is it for?

There: I've said it... :nooo:

Yeh but no but ...

It looks like totally AMAZING dude??

Is it road legal,,,,i see no side lights !

Will get my order in as my second car !!! LOL

Disco said:
I am really struggling to understand all of the love being thrown at this...
...To my eye it is a bit of a mess....
...There: I've said it... :nooo:

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

It looks really awkward, like the rear wheels should have been placed a few feet back. The interior is nice though - wonder if that kit could be back-ported to the 996 and 997's :lol:

Technical description Porsche 935 (Type 991, Gen. 2)

Concept:
- Single-seater near-standard non-homologated race car.
- Basis: Porsche 911 GT2 RS (991.2)

Weight/dimensions:
- Weight: ca. 1,380 kg
- Length: 4,865 mm
- Width: 2,034 mm (incl. side mirrors)
- Total height: 1,359 mm
- Wheelbase: 2.457 mm

Engine:
- Water-cooled 6-cylinder aluminium twin-turbo rear-mounted boxer engine and rigid suspension; 3,800 cc; stroke 77.5 mm; bore 102 mm; ca. 515 kW (700 hp)
- 4-valve technology with camshaft adjustment and valve-lift switchover
Vario-Cam Plus
- Electronic engine management (Continental SDI 9)
- DMSB-approved 100-cell metal catalytic converter
- Rear silencer with twin tailpipes mounted centrally, Heritage Design

Transmission:
- 7-speed PDK gearbox with rigid suspension and short throw
- Dual mass flywheel
- Internal pressurised oil lubrication with active oil cooling
- Limited slip differential optimised for racing

Bodywork:
- Weight-optimised bodyshell in aluminium-steel composite design with carbon-fibre Kevlar add-on parts to improve aerodynamics and stability
- Rear wing with lights integrated in endplates
- Enlarged air inlets with integrated LED headlights in 4-point design
- Removable escape hatch in roof complying with FIA Art. 275a
- Aerodynamically optimised side mirrors
- 115-litre FT3 safety fuel cell with fuel cut-off safety valve in compliance with FIA Art. 253 in the front, optional with fast-fill coupling
- Welded-in safety cage
- Recaro racing bucket seat with longitudinal seat adjustment and padding system in accordance with FIA Standard 8862/2009
- 6-point safety harness
- Air jack system (three jacks)
- Fire extinguishing system with electronic release unit

Suspension:
Front axle: MacPherson suspension strut; forged suspension links, optimised stiffness with high-performance spherical bearings, centre-locking wheel nuts; 3-way racing dampers, reinforced tie-rod; Electro-mechanical power steering with variable steering ratio; anti-roll bar

Rear axle: Lightweight multi-link suspension, strut ball jointed (Unibal); centre-locking wheel nuts; 3-way racing dampers; anti-roll bar

Brakes:
Brake system:
- Two separate brake circuits for front and rear axles; adjustable via brake balance bar system

Front axle:
- Six-piston aluminium monobloc racing brake callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel brake discs, internally ventilated with 380 mm diameter, racing brake pads, optimised brake cooling ducts

Rear axle:
- Four-piston aluminium monobloc racing brake callipers with anti-knock-back piston springs; steel brake discs, internally ventilated with 355 mm diameter, racing brake pads, optimised brake cooling ducts

Electrical system:
- Instrument cluster consisting of COSWORTH ICD with integrated data logger, sport Chrono watch and boost gauge in a vintage finish
- CFK multifunction steering wheel with pit speed limiter and quick-release coupling
- PSM (Porsche Stability Management) with ABS, Traction Control and Electronic Stability Control (able to be completely switched off)
- Centre console with map switch to adjust the ABS, ESC, TC and switch between preset tyre circumferences
- Porsche Track Precision Race App
- Integrated lap trigger
- Lightweight lithium-ion (Li-Fe-Po-) battery, 60 Ah, leakproof, mounted in passenger footwell
- Emergency cut-off switch in cockpit and outside left of the windscreen
- Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
- Air conditioning

Rims/Tyres:
Front axle: One-piece light-alloy forged wheels
11.5J x 18 offset 15.3 with centre-locking nut; Michelin transport tyres 29/65-R18

Rear axle: One-piece light-alloy forged wheels
13J x 18 offset -10 with centre-locking nut; Michelin transport tyres 31/71-R18

Colour:
Agate gray water-based paint; optional: Martini livery

Vehicle price:
701,948 Euro plus country-specific VAT. Delivery from June 2019

Attachments

• 5f564a23_b1d7_4d0c_baff_d103cae7207d_189.jpeg
    5f564a23_b1d7_4d0c_baff_d103cae7207d_189.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 14,643
  • 79fa54cb_1d3b_488b_a838_ec6dbb0ac7c0_172.jpeg
    79fa54cb_1d3b_488b_a838_ec6dbb0ac7c0_172.jpeg