Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sad to see it go !!!

k11pol

Spa-Francorchamps
Well that's my car sold today after having it for 1 month shy of 9 years never thought I would have kept it so long when I bought it and did less than 2k miles per year in it and often asked is it worth keeping it but every time I took it out I told myself no way am I selling it.

When I had to cough up a few pound short of £10k for the private health care at Hartech after my second year I was kicking myself but with that included I worked out it's cost me £3k per year , tell me what other car gives so much for so little. I've lost more on freelander 🙈.

Anyway I was set on a 991 gts in Carmine but now my heads burst after seeing the R8 - V10 in my local Audi , what a beast. I now can't decide. From a financial point the GTS will retain more of its value but the R8 is gorge BUT it's an Audi 😂 at the end of the day, that exhaust note though 🤯

As somebody who clearly appreciates the magic of the 911, it would be a big call to go for an R8 instead of a 991 GTS :eek:

I know what you mean - but - my problem is when I have an issue and go to Porsche it gets sorted, I get a nice loan car, yes it's expensive (but no more than Audi). When I go to Audi I have to wait 3 weeks for a service, rarely get a loan car and if I do it is an A1! Not sure if you get better treatment with an R8 though?

I'm sure the R8 owners get treated well, not the whole ownership experience would be a match for the 911, a 991 GTS as well. I'm way to be biased to be of any use 😆

Well all I got from OPC in Aberdeen was a taxi never once did I get a car. They don't have a very good reputation and anyone I know with a Porsche for the past 10 years says the same. Problem here was there was to much money kicking about with the oil but it's changed days now.

So regarding waiting for a service it's just not an issue for me.

Richtw said:
Not sure if you get better treatment with an R8 though?
When I had my R8, the Audi aftersales service was way short of Porsche.
Sadly, the dealer did not understand the car nor my expectations as a customer. :x

Its difficult as the R8 is pretty but all it will ever be is an Audi no iconicness there at all, and despite being lovely the depretiation is massive on them

I've had a fair few audis over the years and can't fault them.....been looking at r8s,but also the merc gts amg.....both nice looking cars

In my opinion, the 991 GTS is the best sports car currently available. The R8 is in super-car territory.

The V10 soundtrack is very tempting.

If you are worried about residuals, we know the Porsche will be the better choice.

A nice "problem" to have.

Awful
Uninspiring
Dire
Insignificant

Enough said :grin:

R8 is an amazing car. The exhaust note is unmatched. However it gets too much attention. Audi dealership is rubbish. I have an Indy who has been super.
Maintenance cost surprisingly low.

911 is a drivers car.

I have recently changed 997.2 4s to a 997.2 turbo.

The turbo is faster than the R8 but not as fun at lower speeds. It is understated. Doesn't get much attention. But thats why I like it. It would be hard to choose one.

I am lucky to have both.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back