Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PROJECT HALF A CUP LS3 Swap?

What are the engine plans?

MC

JayG60 said:
I think if I can target 300bhp/tonne that would be a good aim.

Focus is going to have to seriously be on engine work first, no roll cages until much later :)

Jay

300 bhp/tone is going some, 997 GT3 RS is only circa 298. - Be interested to here what your thinking, I am hoping to get circa 280 out of my 996.

JayG60 said:
Considering an LS3 swap.
Discuss.....

Jay

Jay, pm Member drjimbone hes just started an LS3 project on his blown cayman , he will be able to give you some pros and if any cons and whos best in the UK he's spent 6 months planning it , hes sussed which engine is best for these cars and being able to still drive them, what or how to get everything on the Porsche working alongside the LS lump. , think he found 480bhp was the right engine but best chat to him about it. :thumb: your bound to hear the dont do it etc from the purists. but the modderd will approve :thumb:

Go for it - I had a HSV E Series Clubsport R8 Tourer when in Oz, 6.2 litres of supercharged pure grunt........wouldn't be me off course!

Cheers Phil. I will pm him.

I completely get the purists will not appreciate this conversion, but given the engine already has a massive hole in the side of it, the LS conversion just makes so much sense.
I am not looking to sell this car on, ever, to be honest, but instead set out on a development programme and I like the idea of the LS engine as a base.
It lighter than the flat 6 which surprised me and works for my plan.
I would also immediately be over 300bhp/tonne with very little weight reduction.
Its also a hell of a lot cheaper than sourcing a replacement M97, rebuilding it and then upgrading it.
This car is going to be a fast road/track car and will not be a purists car so I am keen....

Awesome stuff! Saw this on copart a few weeks ago and the mot history came through on the plate at the time!

Nice project I'll keep an eye out on this one.

Didn't see that coming, but who knows, we do know that the LS3 fits...

Me either to be honest Max, but the more I look at it, the more it works for me.
I loved doing my transplant on the Corrado and I think I can make this a little bit special if I plan it right.
I just keep looking at the price of a brand new crate engine with 480bhp and that being the same as a knackered second hand short block to even start the rebuild process on the Porsche and am struggling to ignore it :)

Jay

First piece of what is going to be a very big and expensive jigsaw are my seats. Bought the car these are in 2 years ago with the plan for the Porsche build and now they are finally going to have a home in something worthy hopefully. First major chunk of weight reduction too...

Attachments

• 3a872b55_b9c9_4f8f_9f00_26a9ea3e14d0_783.jpeg
    3a872b55_b9c9_4f8f_9f00_26a9ea3e14d0_783.jpeg
    173.4 KB · Views: 3,694
This will never pass the 111point Porsche checklists, just saying :rulez:

I wonder how few of the 111 you can actually get? 😄
I am building this for me not Porsche.
As Ferry said himself. 'I could not find the sports car I wanted, so I built my own." A man after my own heart 😄😜[/quote]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back