Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Virgin

Love the new wheels 8)

Your car history is pretty much my wish list of 911's!

I would be interested to know your thoughts on...

The move from Turbo to GT3 and GT3 to GTS.

I currently have a 997.1 Turbo manual and was looking at switching to a 997.1 GT3.

I find the turbo exhilarating; however, for me it's 'point and shoot" and not as rewarding on the twisty stuff. Don't get me wrong, this is more to do with my driving skills than the car.

This got me thinking about a GT3... However, after a couple of test drives, I found that to get the best out of the car, you have to redline it everywhere. Again...not really my style of driving. I think I would prefer a PDK box so that I can cruise around and give it the beans once in a while to scare the kids.

Your GTS has got me thinking...

Is this the car I should be looking at?

Also...

Is the 991.1 GTS the last NA GTS?? Does it make a difference?

And

Since you have done your homework on the GTS, what would you advise anyone who may be looking??

Cheers :thumb:

jotaking said:
Love the new wheels 8)

Thank you.

Your car history is pretty much my wish list of 911's!

I would be interested to know your thoughts on...

The move from Turbo to GT3 and GT3 to GTS.

As described above.

I currently have a 997.1 Turbo manual and was looking at switching to a 997.1 GT3.

I find the turbo exhilarating; however, for me it's 'point and shoot" and not as rewarding on the twisty stuff. Don't get me wrong, this is more to do with my driving skills than the car.

This got me thinking about a GT3... However, after a couple of test drives, I found that to get the best out of the car, you have to redline it everywhere. Again...not really my style of driving. I think I would prefer a PDK box so that I can cruise around and give it the beans once in a while to scare the kids.

Your GTS has got me thinking...

Is this the car I should be looking at?.

I can't answer that. You might want to test drive one to see if it's for you.

Also...

Is the 991.1 GTS the last NA GTS?? Does it make a difference?

Yes, it is. Difference to what?

And

Since you have done your homework on the GTS, what would you advise anyone who may be looking??

On the two occasions that I bought a GTS they were both impulse purchases, and bought and used without regret. If anyone is looking to become the owner of a GTS I would say buy one, subject of course to one's own level of due diligence.

Cheers :thumb:

Giod on you taking the time to write that - I did something similar afer the purchase/sale back to Tom. First class experience. Having just sold me X3 to get in a Cayenne, it made me realise how many muppets there out there eager to kick tyres.

When I found the right Spyder (which Tom helped me with even though there wasn't a sale in it for him!), he knowingly said "I'll be buying that when your done". He's probably right - but he'll have to wait a while..lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back