Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Derek Who ?

Porschekit

Suzuka
It's funny who you bump into when you're out for dinner with a few friends....

Nice chap......claims he won something called Le Mans.......five times he reckons.....but I think he was just getting old.... like me....our memories are not what they used to be....... :grin:

He had a nice Porsche though.....so he can't be all that bad..... :thumb:

Is he a member of your aristocracy Zingers?

Attachments

• derek_who_935.jpg
    derek_who_935.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 2,434
  • awards_night_101.jpg
    awards_night_101.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 2,434
:floor: :floor: nice :thumb:

Nah, never heard of him. Just another Rummy with a tall story it seems.
What a privilege to me the man

Nope, not one of my chums, chum :roll: Now if you had said 'Big' Walt that's a different story :grin:

Zingari said:
Nope, not one of my chums, chum :roll: Now if you had said 'Big' Walt that's a different story :grin:

You have me at a disadvantage Sir....did you mean "Big" Walt of Lebowski fame or of Tkachuk Ice Hockey (beer) fame...either way I don't think they could dream up a better story than Derek.... :grin:

A living legend in my book, not looking bad for 76 either. And that reg plate is excellent, somewhat understated a bit like the man.

Many years ago he was described on TV as having wrists like knotted rope from all those hours at the wheel plus a fair bit of training I guess, I suspect he can wear one of those giant Eddie Jordan watches with aplomb.

A great British racer.

At least the number plate is not:

BE11 END

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back