Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RS trunk / boot / frunk carpet. Anyone know alternatives?

My frunk carpet had a saggy pocket, some studs missing and looked generally messy so I simply cut it down to RS size Blue Peter style - a mate asked where I got the RS carpet from.........what can I say he drives a 997.

Just take it out completely and call it the RS 'lightweight'.

I know that 911livin had something made up for the back, maybe ping him a message?

Southbound make a nice replacement including a pocket not quite the same as an RS one. It's quite easy to hack the original carpet to make an RS one, they are in grey only and silly expensive. (still bought one though).
Thats the Southbound one in the pic.

Attachments

• img_0060_result_117.jpg
    img_0060_result_117.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 2,293
Southbound is a good shout. And the 911PF website looks promising for future stuff. Full lightweight could well be the best option.

I have the battery out and charging, been ready to go back in a couple of days but I want to spend an hour cleaning underneath the carpet and thinning out what is kept under it to a minimum. I even found sunscreen in there which I'd forgotten about. Thinking to chuck the jack and most of the tools as the AA can sort it if the worst happens.

Also going to pull out the Pioneer under seat sub I fitted last year. Hardly listen to it and keep thinking about how heavy it is :grin:

I'd keep the jack and wheel brace, altenator belt, 10 mm spanner, DME relay and tow hook. I once waited 4 hrs in Hawes (not a bad place to be stuck) for a rescue on the bike. If I'd had a spare sump plug I could have fixed that in 5 mins. I took off over on of the yumps and it sheared off.
The sight of a 993 on a flat bed would be unbearable.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back