Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Big Ovals Question

madge

I do like the Porsche big oval exhaust tips and they are on the list for the future.

I've noticed that some cars seem to have a small strip above the oval (see picture) and some don't. What's the deal with these?

Are they required as a heat shield to protect the bumper from deformation? Do they come with the ovals? How do they fit? Simple DIY stick on or bodyshop job or dealer fit?

TIA

Attachments

• tip_strip_130.jpg
    tip_strip_130.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,188
Std fitment to wbs can be modified to fit nbs but you can manage without as long as the tips are reasonably clear of the rear pu.

Attachments

• strongman_lift_201.jpg
    strongman_lift_201.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2,179
Thanks for the reply Endoman.

I'm not 100% sure from the picture but looks as though you have the ovals without the protection strip. Obviously not a necessity then.

Does anyone here have the strips fitted to their NB? Is it worth the effort of modifying them?

Big ovals, no protection strip, no problems.

Tobesetc said:
Big ovals, no protection strip, no problems.

:thumb:

My previous WB car had the alloy strips on the bumper and I've seen another couple of WB cars with the same.
Must be something to do with the extra revs and heat the NA WB cars generate as they try and keep up with the slim hipped, lighter NB cars... :grin:

C.

cableguy said:
My previous WB car had the alloy strips on the bumper and I've seen another couple of WB cars with the same.
Must be something to do with the extra revs and heat the NA WB cars generate as they try and keep up with the slim hipped, lighter NB cars... :grin:

C.

:D :D :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back