Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tidying up the front end

ch3tman said:
cableguy said:
Mine is similar with recent OEM GT2 Ducts, new clear indicators and new headlight lenses.
gunner said:
Thanks, I think the GT2 ducts are much better looking.
I think so too, can you provide a link to the GT2 ducts, if available?

I'd like to understand the design differences between the GT2 ducts and whichever variety gunner went for. On first glance the former appear to have a curved and narrower opening... anything else? i.e. cooling hose to the brakes?

As an aside, in the absence of TechArt ducts, these ducts still appeal.

By GT2, I just meant ducts without built in foglights, I wasn't differentiating between mine and cableguy's. Although I can see that my non-OEM ducts aren't exactly the same.

:thumbs: thank you cableguy & gunner.

cableguy said:
madalaa said:
cableguy said:
I bought mine from Slippydiff off the forum. Details here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=1161369&highlight=#1161369

although ignore the Part No. on the box as i'm sure this is the 993 Turbo S Duct with built in foglamp.

C.

......built in foglamp? ....... I am confused ....... there is no fog lamp there ........ that is just an air duct ......... :dont know:

MuEMr2aN.jpg

Correct. As I said in my previous post "ignore the Part No. on the box as i'm sure this is the 993 Turbo S Duct with built in foglamp."

I bought RS/GT2 Air Ducts but they were supplied in an OEM box from a different product, ie the Turbo S Ducts.

I think the correct Part no. is 99363198002

C.

Ah sorry ....... I got confused ...... :)

My air intakes with spots came in a box with the part as air inlet ....... and the part number was 993 631 980 01 ......... so it's the 01 at the end as opposed to 00 which is the only difference ....... maybe that denotes the addition of spots ....... :?:

Quick update, stick on plate passed MOT without mention.

Gunner - where did you get your stick on numberplate from out of interest?

Going to do the same with mine methinks.

Mine came from DMB Graphics. Standard font as I didn't want to draw attention to it. Slightly shorter than standard though owing to only being 5 characters. No issues with ANPR or MOT.

I didn't fill the old mounting holes but you really don't notice unless you look very closely.

Overall, very pleased as it shows off the curves of the front of the car much better. Using the Porsche Classic surround on the back by the way.

Gents just reading this old thread re ducts / ducts and lamps.

A couple of questions:

Has anyone gone the whole hog and added the piping to the brakes (via the oil cooler etc... or just fitted as dummy ducts?

Are the ducts with the spot lamps (non led) simply plus and play?

thanks as always

Ian

Croydon said:
Has anyone gone the whole hog and added the piping to the brakes (via the oil cooler etc... or just fitted as dummy ducts?

Hi Ian,
I looked at fitting the full ducting behind these but quickly realised that there would be no benefit at all for normal road use.
I see to remember there was just a small change required to bulb fitting - but I got the ones with LED festoons....

AndyS said:
Croydon said:

Hi Ian,
I looked at fitting the full ducting behind these but quickly realised that there would be no benefit at all for normal road use.
I see to remember there was just a small change required to bulb fitting - but I got the ones with LED festoons....

Andy thanks for reply, the only part I am kinda stumped on his connection of the two wires from the lamp to the cars existing power supply.. i see two red ended terminals (per lamp) as per...

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/837260-turbo-s-scoops-with-led-lights-installed-8.html

post 117'

Ian

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back