Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dodgy door lock.

g911omr

Nurburgring
The drivers side door lock on my C2 is officially kaput.
I'd rather get a new one than secondhand. Any ideas on where to buy from?

Cheers

As in the locking mechanism?

Got to be OPC. Just make sure you ask for a 10% discount and the will be cheaper than anywhere else....

You could be right! I do seem to remember when I changed mine about 6 years ago it had a audi logo on the new one I brought from Porsche. In which case maybe audi is the place to go. I seem to remember paying around £100 for it... long time ago though.

Yes, it's a VAG part and they seem to be much cheaper than when I replaced mine, good news!

A ha, will that also fit a 996.1 to sort out the intermittent dropping drivers window?

I repaired mine about 3 years a go and it's usually good for 11 months of the year but in Winter it sometimes plays up for a few weeks, at that price, rather than £200+, I'd keep it in the spare parts box.

Yes, it's the same part, fixes dropping window issues, 130 from opc IIRC when I needed one 6 months ago. The door membrane seal thing is sometimes in need of replacing too, it can be done without replacing it, but mine was well gone already, they are 50 quid and opc only part

Fitted this at the weekend and C/L now works perfectly.
£28 delivered rather than £160+ for Porsche part..... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back