Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best place to buy front discs/pads for 996T

adamw

Portimao
Hi guys
Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find any recent threads.

I'm trying to find the best deal on discs and pads (front) for my 96T

Looking to maybe order online (if I can find a cheaper deal) and get my indie to fit.
I've been advised sebro are good to go for.

Anyone have any pointers on deals for sebro disc/pad kits ?

Also I've seen these kits on design911.
Brembo and OEQ discs.
Has anyone used these?

Brembo

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...Disc-Package-Porsche-996-C4S---996-Turbo_2_2/

OEQ

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod...Disc-Package-Porsche-996-C4S---996-Turbo_2_2/

I know CP4L is usually recommended but didn't know exactly which parts i'd need for the turbo and they don't sell the kits.
If any one has this info it'd be greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance guys
Adam

:thumb:

Adam,

Try Frazerparts, they tend to be well priced or RosePassion (you can order using the Porsche parts numbers from D911 site!).
If you can get all the details might be worth it.

Damping plates are 99635108901 I believe
ECP or CP4L sensors are same I think across 996 (I stand to be corrected)
Disks and Pads can get sets on Fleabay, or places like ECP/CP4L especially when they have deals on.

I bought a full set for the 993 from CP4L when the deals were better. Did the same for the Range Rover and the SL, just having them in stock at home ready when required!!

Design 911, pretty good price wise in my history.

Just done a total for you on CP4L for a set of front Pagid disk, pads, shims and sensors and the total was £225.24 so cheaper than D911 even before they add the VAT!

I think your car will have the 330mm disks but someone who knows the 996 better than me will confirm for sure.

Thanks so much all for the responses

Rob - thanks will check out FP!

Angry - had a look on design911 and prices do look good for packages but not sure the brembo / oeq disks mentioned

Thefinn - wow, thanks for working out for me. How are pagid for quality. I have heard of them but been advised sebro are the ones to go for.
Also can anyone confirm on the 330mm thing?

Standard 996 turbo front brakes are 330mm. PCCB are 350mm

Standard 997 turbo front brakes are 350mm PCCB 380mm

Nothing at all wrong with pagid if you're after a 'standard' pad option. You don't need to go mad on price if you're just running standard brakes.

EDIT - said the word 'standard' 4 times in 4 sentences. Surely I must get a badge for that?

ragpicker said:
Standard 996 turbo front brakes are 330mm. PCCB are 350mm

Standard 997 turbo front brakes are 350mm PCCB 380mm

Nothing at all wrong with pagid if you're after a 'standard' pad option. You don't need to go mad on price if you're just running standard brakes.

EDIT - said the word 'standard' 4 times in 4 sentences. Surely I must get a badge for that?

Again many thanks - that wasn't a 'standard" answer :grin: :thumb:

Most useful.

Think the CP4L at pagid disks and pads ?
Any real difference between pagid and sebro disks in quality ?

Thefinn- any chance in posting the part numbers for all the bits you worked out on CP4L (discs, pads, shims and sensors)

So far found :
Sensors :
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...81691173dc1e69f349559b15717bef7893e287&000369

Discs (sebro):
https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/cp4...4d834d20759f12f1cdbc05aebfbf934ae81609&000027

Shims:
Couldn't find ??

Pads:
Quite a few to chose from and didn't know which are closest to OEM?

Design 911 tend to mark-up everything compared to other sellers - them and Porscheshop selling genuine Porsche parts with a huge markup usually.

Have you actually got a quote from an OPC? Porsche Exeter is my favourite and if you mention you are a member of an owners forum or one of the clubs they will usually give you a good discount.

Adamw. That's a challenge you have set me there but I will have a go. BTW there is another thread running on the 997 forum and I think Phil tried the sebro disks and had them taken off the car within 2 days Pagid are good though and I have never heard a bad comment. I have them on my daily and had them on my 997 and they are spot on imho. I have also posted two differnt pads below just check the photos against the ones you have on your car as they will both fit but will need different types of the spring clips to hold them in. You can also use the chat function to double check with cp4l before you buy that the parts I have listed are the correct ones for your car.

Pagid Brake Disc (Rear Left)
Product Code: 104330738

Pagid Brake Disc (Front Right)
Product Code: 104330728

Pagid Wear Sensor (For Cars Using Pin Type Wear Sensors) (Front or Rear)
Product Code: 106330278

Pagid Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 101330448

Pagid Brake Pad (For Cars With Pin Type Wear Sensors) (Front; Rear)
Product Code: 101330488

H-Tech Dampening Disc/Plate (Dampening Disc 28mm For Brake Pad, Qty 4 Required) (Rear)
Product Code: 101339030

H-Tech Dampening Disc/Plate (Dampening Plate For Brake Pad, Qty 4 Required) (Front)
Product Code: 101339140

Thefinn said:
Adamw. That's a challenge you have set me there but I will have a go. BTW there is another thread running on the 997 forum and I think Phil tried the sebro disks and had them taken off the car within 2 days Pagid are good though and I have never heard a bad comment. I have them on my daily and had them on my 997 and they are spot on imho. I have also posted two differnt pads below just check the photos against the ones you have on your car as they will both fit but will need different types of the spring clips to hold them in. You can also use the chat function to double check with cp4l before you buy that the parts I have listed are the correct ones for your car.

Pagid Brake Disc (Rear Left)
Product Code: 104330738

Pagid Brake Disc (Front Right)
Product Code: 104330728

Pagid Wear Sensor (For Cars Using Pin Type Wear Sensors) (Front or Rear)
Product Code: 106330278

Pagid Brake Pad (Front)Product Code: 101330448

Pagid Brake Pad (For Cars With Pin Type Wear Sensors) (Front; Rear)
Product Code: 101330488

H-Tech Dampening Disc/Plate (Dampening Disc 28mm For Brake Pad, Qty 4 Required) (Rear)
Product Code: 101339030

H-Tech Dampening Disc/Plate (Dampening Plate For Brake Pad, Qty 4 Required) (Front)
Product Code: 101339140

Again, wow :grin:
Thanks so much for yr help, most useful

I'll check out all the parts and make sure they're right before ordering.
Also I'll see if can locate Phil's thread on the 97 forum.

Again - many thanks

Wh1t3kn1ght - thanks too, think design 911 have been knocked out the running by CP4L
:grin:

:thumbs:

try FVD.de as well

site works in english too if you cant speak german

NLW73 said:
try FVD.de as well

site works in english too if you cant speak german

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members