Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How much for a detail and what to expect....

Milo72

Spa-Francorchamps
I was thinking of getting my car detailed, but wasn't sure what to expect and what I would get for my money.

I have seen that some on here have spent really big money on a detail that has wheels balanced and everything.... which isn't what I want.

I've just got my new to me car and want a really good starting point where I can maintain it's condition going forward. I'm guessing that is a good polish etc, but don't know enough about it all to know what to expect.

I'm embarrassed to say that my level to date of car detailing is £5 outside of £10 for inside too..

So much depends on how much paint correction your cars needs before it can be polished. After that you need to decide what level of swirl removal you want and then what level of shine.

Needless to say, each level takes time and time costs money.

If the car hasn't been done before I'd be surprised if you could it looking really good for anything less than £500.

A lot of people prefer to shell out £200 for a decent Orbital Sander, a good selection of cleaners/polishes and do it all themselves.

A mobile professional would probably do it for somewhere between the two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back