Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Gen 2 centre consul colour

kaypaul

I will be having the centre consul and door spears painted in the very near future. Should I do them in body colour, Basalt black metallic or gloss/piano black the car has extended black leather and a small carbon pack. Alcantara lower dash What do you guys think?

What colour are your seat backs as you might want more basalt in the car to tie it all together if you go that route. Ever thought of having the centre console trimmed in alcantara like the lower dash? I am toying with having mine done in leather at some point

Interested to see the pictures of this. Looking to have mine done in body colour - aqua blue.

Are you taking the centre console out yourself? I've watched a few YouTube videos and will do it myself.

Seat backs are in silver and I have red seat belts so a mix of colours. Yes will remove myself and sent to my body shop who do all the paint for my company

I think a gloss/metallic black finish could look cheap. Any other colour would work being shiny, just not black.

Needs to be matt finish in my opinion.

Carbon would work though if you already have other carbon, or Alcantara console if you're having an alcantara arm rest.

Ben, it won't be long before Phil posts his aqua blue interior highlights.

James

James M-S said:
I think a gloss/metallic black finish could look cheap. Any other colour would work being shiny, just not black.

Needs to be matt finish in my opinion.

Carbon would work though if you already have other carbon, or Alcantara console if you're having an alcantara arm rest.

Ben, it won't be long before Phil posts his aqua blue interior highlights.

James

:floor: :floor: what , who , me mmmmmm :grin: ok how about a rest from the gen2 heres pics of the gen1 interior :floor:

Attachments

• img_1330_180.jpg
    img_1330_180.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,984
  • img_1502_204.jpg
    img_1502_204.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,984
I was waiting for you to suggest acid green on basalt :floor:

James M-S said:
I was waiting for you to suggest acid green on basalt :floor:

you know it works on dark colour even Porsche thought so with the 170k 918 edition 997 turbo :thumb: :thumb: :floor: nice set of acid green seat belts to match :grin: :thumb:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_766.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_766.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,956
  • 2012_porsche_911_turbo_s_edition_918_spyder_150.jpg
    2012_porsche_911_turbo_s_edition_918_spyder_150.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 1,956
Have you thought of extended leather for the centre consul?

This is mine...

Attachments

• p1000024_large_439.jpg
    p1000024_large_439.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 1,845
  • p1000025_large_678.jpg
    p1000025_large_678.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 1,845
That looks lovely JohnH, really nice. Did you have to send the console away to be done, or did you just deliver the car to the trimmers and let them do the whole thing?
I imagine you have to choose a trimmer with a very good reputation?

I have had the same full leather centre console upgrade.... ! I used LS Design who made one for me on an exchange basis, rolled up and swapped it over there and then!

Worked a treat, looks fantastic but it was expensive!

Leather looks amazing! :thumbs:

Counter Of Beans said:
That looks lovely JohnH, really nice. Did you have to send the console away to be done, or did you just deliver the car to the trimmers and let them do the whole thing?
I imagine you have to choose a trimmer with a very good reputation?

No - that was how I specced it from new. I just posted it as an alternative for the OP to consider...

Many thanks for your compliment.. :cheers:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back