Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tracker Advice Needed

BK911

Nurburgring
Hi Guys,

I pick up something very special tomorrow... :D

Insurance says it needs a tracker...

I've only had an old 964 and current 996 that haven't required a tracker so no experience on this subject.

The new (ish) car has an OEM tracker.

Options:-
1. Do I just renew the subscription with Porsche
2. Go aftermarket (if so which one and how much does it cost/where to buy from!)

Any advice really appreciated! Pros and cons of both please.

I'll disclose what I've bought tomorrow subject to everything being ok.

Cheers,
BK :thumb:

(Btw, I'm keeping the 996 as my daily.. tomorrow is the toy!)

Just activate what's in board. Less agro and a simple phone call gets it up and running. It's only to appease the Insurance company anyway so might as well just make it easy for yourself.
Looking forward to hearing about your new purchase

Another option is to shop around for Insurance - not all of them require a tracker, so if you find one that doesn't it can be over £200 a year more expensive and still cheaper than activating the factory fit device.

Equally an aftermarket solution is almost certainly going to cost a lot less in subscription charges than the OE solution (and many don't require you to carry the little black transceiver every time you are out in the car too), so give it some thought. That said - how long you plan to keep it will factor in to whether you want to consider that route.

the Porsche one they quote without vat but really costs £250 a year, they rang once while on holiday to renew, no idea on the number to call them back on the service was really poor

the Insurance will want an approved one which will cost to fit but likely less a year than Porsche.

I got different Insurance and track day cover for less without needing a tracker.... suggest you shop around

Thanks for the posts and advice so far. One more sleep!

robbiej said:
the Porsche one they quote without vat but really costs £250 a year, they rang once while on holiday to renew, no idea on the number to call them back on the service was really poor

the Insurance will want an approved one which will cost to fit but likely less a year than Porsche.

I got different Insurance and track day cover for less without needing a tracker.... suggest you shop around

Yes, I need to spend some time and do this... tedious process but will no doubt save a few quid! Who did you go with for trackdays?

need to find the paperwork, recommended from this site....it was only 3 months ago as well..

in the meantime look at the Insurance section and set aside 2 hours to ring round. I got better Insurance and £200 saving

Chop chop. Righto what's arriving. :food: :food: :food:

Sorry for the delay... Took the long way home via the south coast!

What a day.. what a car :D

2016 GT4 ClubSport.

Attachments

• d2f6797e_1373_486e_90f7_a0ca5da24d09_137.jpeg
    d2f6797e_1373_486e_90f7_a0ca5da24d09_137.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 10,575
It was worth waiting for. Bravo sir, lovely car

When I got my GT4, my existing insurers insisted on a tracker. For me, it was more cost effective to just switch to a new insurer. For example, Admiral don't insist on one.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filipesalette
Back