Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HOTEL DAY 7, tuesday 10th june

Nce ome, thats all the hotels sorted then. Will publish the completed route files this week.

I have booked 8 rooms with breakfast and they have allocated 10 car park spaces for us. The way they have done it is to charge a lower room rate but the regular brekkie rate and a charge for 10 spaces, separated and labelled:

7 pre- paid Rooms - €101
1 pre-authorised room cancel able - €130
Tax - €1.10
Brekkie - €17.90
Car Park - €140
Total price per person - €138.75 = £115.63

All done.

Breakie €17!

I can't see Jackal having that, unless it includes his packed lunch.

Car parking €140!

Tax :floor: we don't pay tax.

Apart from that, perfect.

Boy, this had better be good, 'cus them Walkie Talkies will be red hot!

:D

Some of us don't live in Central London, but the real world.

Hi I know that this was a few years ago now but does anyone have any comments/advice on the hotel in Colmar ? I'm driving down to Italy next summer and stopping at Colmar on the way down. Ta

It was quite a while ago but the hotel was functional if fairly unremarkable iirc - our priority was for a cheapish hotel with secure parking, and had 7+ rooms available, which it did. Not in the pretty part of the town but this was the trade off we had to make, so if it's just yourself then you might find something nicer or with more character :thumb:

I thought priority was rooms by the hour? :dont know: :grin:

Sorry.........that was Spain not Italy :oops:

As for the hotel all has already been said but if you get chance to go via the Grand Ballons route, old military road D431, do it. It is the lower part of chimps post earlier in the thread, runs from near Wildenstein to Cernay.

I discovered it a year or so after this trip and would like to repeat it one day.

chimp911 said:
It was quite a while ago but the hotel was functional if fairly unremarkable iirc - our priority was for a cheapish hotel with secure parking, and had 7+ rooms available, which it did. Not in the pretty part of the town but this was the trade off we had to make, so if it's just yourself then you might find something nicer or with more character :thumb:

Just me and a mate. Thanks.

Shedman said:
chimp911 said:

Just me and a mate. Thanks.

Great we may travel home that way.

I loved reading all the car park comments, I thought it was just me who fretted over what the car park was like before worrying whether the hotel had running hot water etc

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back