Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Year2000 996 TT clear out - heads Up

astonboy

Having a clear out. cant photo parts yet as they are away with builder. If you are interested in anything PM me. Think I have a buyer on discs but TBC.

Base car – 2000 911 996tt – Colour grey with light grey interior – my DD since 2007 and 90k young – since new I have invoices over £80k to keep her in tip top
We've rebuilt her to be my ultimate interpretation of 996 influenced by Singer philosophy and to be passed to my son after the next 90ks
She passed her MOT in 9/2017 – no advisories – then we took her off road. All parts dry stored
My race car is an aston so shes never been tracked. Just got me across Europe safely and quickly.

INTERIOR COMMENTS
Leather seats and electric motors and fittings
Steering wheel
Gearshift mechanism
911 Design SSK Boxed and never used
Rear glass windows
Standard radio/cd player thing
Pedals
door panels and electric windows TBC

CHASSIS
Full 996 TT standard suspension
Standard disks and pads front and rear
Hollow spoke turbo wheels with tyres and bolts & centre badges Immaculate – IIRC one light chip?
6 winter tyres - bought so we could move chassis around on bigger rims Legal and proper Pirelli jobbies! Not cheap!
Two front spacers Never used – 12mm?
Centre of Gravity settings sheet. Happy to share with anybody. Invaluable in setting the ohlins up as first base

MOVING PARTS
Standard clutch
Gearshift cables (replaced with cup cables)
Gear knob and leather shifter glove
Intercoolers
Full exhaust system (manifold back) including tips
Standard air filter and assembly
Various hoses and brake lines
Battery (light one put in)

BODYWORK
Rear spoiler cover and everything
Probably rear bumper as we are designing a diffuser – TBC
Windscreen wipers – installed a single central wiper
Rear wiper
Quad chrome tailpipes Never fitted – TBC
Original front grills

and loads more but my builder will confirm IDC!

parts

Hiya

Interested in the 12mm spacers and quad exhaust tips

Regards. Faried

I'd be interested in the black panel that goes under the engine lid if available and in good condition.

Hi Astonboy,

I too have a 996 tt since April this year and use it as my daily driver, sadly not across Europe.

Your's sounds like the ideal build. I will also making some changes to mine over time, although on a smaller budget than yours, but along the same lines.

I'm looking to get the Ohlins suspension which sounds ideal from the reviews I've read so would be really interested in your experience and your initial settings. My fun driving is on the back roads between Peterborough and Derby so it needs to deal with some quite bumpy roads.

I'd also be interested on your views on the SSK, why did you not use the 911 design one? It's a mod I'm looking at so may be interested in yours?

I'd love to see some pictures of yours, do you have a link? I'm new to this forum and haven't learned the tricks for getting around it yet!!

Cheers

Donald

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back