Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
Ah they arrived , nice one Jimi welcome to the X97 club :grin: your friends and family will all want to touch your knob as soon as you show it to them. :floor: and I bet you find yourself fiddling with it when your driving :floor: :thumb:

Cheers phil :thumb: , im officially in the X97 club, feel honoured! Theres was a que outside me door earlier, was charging a 10'er to feel my knob, ... feedback was satisfying :grin: :grin: :grin:

Cheers again mate :thumb:

J

:floor: :floor: :floor: nice one mate :thumb: dont forget pics when their fitted :thumb:

Will do phil :thumb:

Cheers

J

I have had a bit of a renaissance in the Turbo S love affair ....

She is back out of her monthly hibernation ...

Treated her to a PDK oil change and minor service ...overall health check , in rude health in every way ( apart from the tyre sealant was out of date , replaced but I can t help thinking this should be challenged, how does this have a service date.)

I was pleasantly surprised to find that there is no longer that annoying 'clunk' that accompanied certain gear changes. As we have discussed on here , the system'learns' our driving style and adapts to suit.Im not sure how that could result in a clunky effect on changing gear but that seems to be the opinion of the good members on here too....
Anyway , so far , no clunky changes ...result .....!

The drive to OPC and back was a pleasure in the'S' even though it was on the A9 trunk road which has become a boring road to drive , even though the authorities claim it is a lot safer sine the advent of 'average speed revenue raisers'.....

If time had permitted a drive back up the West Coast via Glengie would have been favourite but as the service takes almost a full day , time was not available to go 'the long way up' ........

So she is back on the drive , in use . My kids love being in it ....it's good to get the kids prepared for later car loving lives .....

Planning a new set of winter wheels to allow me the luxury of just changing the wheels myself and not removing tyres from wheels each season ...pics to follow when they arrive ....

Terry

Nice read Terry , and interesting that the clunk had gone , I wonder if its the fluid change or some kind of reset the OPC did that sorted it . :thumb:

Had my nearest indy (Brookspeed near Southampton) do a major service. Included spark plugs, PDK fluid change, drive belt.
Also had them fit the Ohlins Road & Track plus an alignment - I'll do a post on the Ohlins after a few more miles.
Next week the new exhaust goes on, can't wait!
Mike.

Changed the slightly weedy battery for a Yuasa YBX5110 from Amazon (£89 delivered). It's got a five year warranty, has 85 Ah and 800 CCA which is plenty, and it fitted without fuss. Damned heavy though!

Also fitted LED's to the interior to replace the standard little halogens. Much nicer bright white and the fitting was easy - although the standard bulbs get really hot, and I have a burn to prove it!

Counter Of Beans said:
Changed the slightly weedy battery for a Yuasa YBX5110 from Amazon (£89 delivered). It's got a five year warranty, has 85 Ah and 800 CCA which is plenty, and it fitted without fuss. Damned heavy though!

Also fitted LED's to the interior to replace the standard little halogens. Much nicer bright white and the fitting was easy - although the standard bulbs get really hot, and I have a burn to prove it!

I also fitted a Yuasa 9000 battery to my gen1 it was the biggest battery that would fit , weight not an issue for everyday cars but very pleased I had it in the middle of winter car would start very easily every time. :thumb:

Phil

Was expecting to read that you had fitted a new engine!

:)

Mike

Had a bit of a heavy one this time around some of which was self inflicted:

• All the brake pipes replaced (one had corroded through)
    New HEL flexi brake lines fitted
    New front discs, pads and sensors
    RMS replaced
    Rear coolant pipes replaced
    Top Gear exhaust system fitted

Car now sounds great and stops when required - excellent! :thumbs:

Attachments

• img_4432_163.jpg
    img_4432_163.jpg
    421 KB · Views: 3,311
Finally got to fit my interior bling :grin:

Makes a big difference in the look!! :thumb:

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20180917_143242_122.jpg
    20180917_143242_122.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3,219
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

very nice Jimi :thumb: :thumb: they look good with the alcantara :thumb: infact your bodycolour centre console works well with Alcantara aswell :thumb:

mikeluke said:
Phil

Was expecting to read that you had fitted a new engine!

:)

Mike

:grin: :grin: not yet Mike well hopefully

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

very nice Jimi :thumb: :thumb: they look good with the alcantara :thumb: infact your bodycolour centre console works well with Alcantara aswell :thumb:

Cheers phil :thumb: slowly doing it but dont wanns do an overkill, i need to cover the glovebox and steering undertray in alcantara next!! :grin:

Cheers

J

This week installed my TG 200 cell system and valved back boxes. In the past months I installed:

X97 "alcantared" shift knob and boot, two of a kind now!
Steering wheel, parking break and center console lid in Alcantara
RSS Tarmac semi solid engine mounts
Black stone guards
Rennline pedal set
Zenec radio
Some more bits and pieces

Rob

Attachments

• 1_138.jpg
    1_138.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 2_147.jpg
    2_147.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 3_326.jpg
    3_326.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 4_106.jpg
    4_106.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 5_139.jpg
    5_139.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 6_148.jpg
    6_148.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 7_195.jpg
    7_195.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 3,114
  • 8_185.jpg
    8_185.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 3,114
This is an awful thread. I now feel the need for a set of those Rennline pedals. Or even a set of the adjustable Rennline pedals...

MaxA said:
This is an awful thread. I now feel the need for a set of those Rennline pedals. Or even a set of the adjustable Rennline pedals...
I was just about to say exactly the same thing....... :eek:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gnducharme
Back