Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Metropole blue interior question

ClassicSug

Hello everyone
I'm a new 996 owner - a manual 2002 C2 cabriolet in silver with metropole leather interior and hood.

My question is about the floor mats.
My car has black mats and they don't look quite right.
Would the colour of the mats have been optional with this spec, or have the original blue mats been replaced with black ones?

Has anyone bought new metropole mats from Design911 or Porscheshop? They are described as 'Original", but metropole is quite a weird colour and I'm concerned that the shade might not match the interior carpet.

Thanks

:welcome: to 911uk

My 996 Turbo had a Metropole blue interior and black mats. I'm pretty sure they were in the car from new. In most lights the interior looked black anyway so it was never an issue for me.

In my experience any replacement mats available on the market now - even direct from Porsche - are of far inferior quality than they were 10 years ago so unless yours are really tatty you might want to stick with them anyway.

The matts are new, genuine Porsche - the match is not perfect by any means:

41639292835_dc1e73ea4e_b.jpg

Thanks Guys
Think I'll keep the black mats as the colour match with the metropole ones in the photo.....isn't!

I've just picked up a NOS set of 4 grey mats off ebay. My 2 original front mats were black.

Whilst the new mats dont exactly colour match the grey interior they look fine and better than the black plus I've got rears now which I wanted.

Carpets do fade over time so I think the mismatch is because of this rather than incorrect colour of the new mats.

Ian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back