Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bass vibration from drivers door BOSE speaker

MJA911

My drivers door Bose speaker is vibrating with relatively low volume bass, quite annoying, but before I take a look and try to fix it, I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and solved it. Thanks for any advise.

I have the same which I thought was the Bose speaker in the driver's door but turned out to be the window/mirror switch set panel which buzzes. Try pressing it and see if it stops the buzzing. The OPC said that it is not covered under the Porsche extended warranty so putting up with it for the time being (it is intermittent fortunately).

Ah, ok, I'll check that out. Mine is under warranty too, sounds like that would be a waste of time then.

Please check with OPC first though, just in case. If they say yes please let me know!!

Used car today and tested the switch theory and sure enough that's where the vibration/buzz is coming from, pressing on the edge of the switch assembly stops it. Doubt very much it's a warranty job, my plan is to see if I can stop it somehow. Thinking of finding out how the switch can be removed and then reseating it with plumbers tape so that it's a tighter fit :dont know:

Haha, don't think so, all my 997s had a rattle or two, mostly solvable (or went away) though, OPC injected the instrument binacle with foam on my 997.2! This windows/mirrors switch assembly buzzing on the 991 seems inevitable, it's mounted directly above where a speaker is housed.

This is an extract from Rennlist.com.......
"I've replaced both driver and passenger window switch units... it requires door card removal, which isn't that bad, but if you have plastic doors instead of leather, getting in there will irritate the door enough the trim will start to bend and come up, and you'll end up needing all new door cards which are like $3k.

So have the dealership do it so when the door cards bend up, you can make them replace those for free."

So tread carefully although I think you may be able to release the switch panel from the door card with out removing the whole card and re-set them with some sort of sealant. Please let us know how you get on...

Yes I saw that post but didn't want to tackle door card removal :eek:

Today I very gently tried using a plastic spatula to see of the switch would come out enough so that I could pad it with loom tape and replace, but it wasn't playing ball and I didnt want to push my luck. Instead I used the spatula to create enough clearance around the sides of the switch to push a couple of pieces of sticky padded tape into the gap each side. It seems to have improved it, but I'd say doing it properly needs the switch out.

@mja911 I imagine you are like a brain surgeon when using trim spatulas..

22079309-close-up-of-male-surgeon-wearing-mask-and-magnifying-glasses-holding-scalpel-against-black-backgroun.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back