Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

spongebob squarepants said:
I think I'll probably put Hermie in for a interim oil change, to give a warm fuzzy feeling :thumb:

See if they can use that sludge remover given its period of long-standing :grin:

Some of that Iraqi Tea you brought back will strip the gunge out Sponge Bob.

Zingari said:
£1,000+ for a major service :eek: Done your dough on that one surely :dont know: I'd have though half that.

At the 4yr point is it not getting to the point it will drop faster than an octogenerian's ball-sac wearing a pair of MC Hammer's duds :dont know:

That's about the going rate. My 981 CS was around that but also had the sealant replaced. I go have annual oil changes though, but at an Indy.

Zingari said:
spongebob squarepants said:
I think I'll probably put Hermie in for a interim oil change, to give a warm fuzzy feeling :thumb:

See if they can use that sludge remover given its period of long-standing :grin:

To be honest with the trickle charger on overnight he fired eagerly in to life, warmed him up and hooned up and down the A34, he's in fine fettle this needing driving lark is overrated :roll: there's 319 quid saved on an OPC as the trickle is effectively for all the fleet, I can write that off as fleet overhead meaning Hermies costs remain at zero :thumb:
Now it's wet and I need to get the kids from school (100 mile round trip :eek:) do I take Herman? As the BM is effectively traded in..

Nik said:
Friend of mine at work got his major for £770. Same works, but could be because he has used the same OPC for all servicing for the past 2-3 years now.

Must admit, even on low mileage cars, I still have an annual oil change. Been recommended to do so by a few engineers.

Your mate did not have the spark plug change as that's the major price, spark plugs and brake fluid are on top.

jonttt said:
Nik said:
Friend of mine at work got his major for £770. Same works, but could be because he has used the same OPC for all servicing for the past 2-3 years now.

Must admit, even on low mileage cars, I still have an annual oil change. Been recommended to do so by a few engineers.

Your mate did not have the spark plug change as that's the major price, spark plugs and brake fluid are on top.

Good stuff. Didn't realise you knew him, or the work he had carried out. :thumb:

Jontt - what do you do for wheels/tyres in the winter on the GTS? Or do you just skid at lot...?

Got my eye on a BGTS since before i came back to work. I'm home next week and it's still there. Maybe a cheeky offer on its way! Not overly keen on the colour but the spec is good.

I may be selling mine shortly. Manual GTS in GT Silver with PTV, Bose, etc.

Drop me a PM if interested.

Nik said:

I'm actually looking for a PDK. I have a manual 911 and currently 987 Boxster but I fancy trying a PDK for my daily.

mikeluke said:
Jontt - what do you do for wheels/tyres in the winter on the GTS? Or do you just skid at lot...?

What do I do with the wheels / tyres over winter.... lol..... I park them up in a nice warm underground car park with the rest of the car for 4 months :grin:

Ah....

That is one way of avoiding the worst of the weather!

Nik said:

has something else caught your eye :?:

:grin:

I've not had chance to drive the BGTS for the past month or so and I doubt I'll get much chance to drive it now before winter sets in so I took the opportunity in the glorious autumn weather today to give it a last blast of the year then wash and prep for storage......... so its now under cover ready to be unleashed next spring. What a great summer its been for a convertible and I've thoroughly enjoyed the car again this year.......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back