Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jonttt's 993 C4S Journal

The wheel refurb (I got the wheels back last week but have not had chance to update).....

Before:

yF3Qq3y.jpg

After:

G5BQxjz.jpg

S5i3i2k.jpg

New valves fitted:

8Nlyp9x.jpg

I'm pretty chuffed with the results for £240 and the wheels have never looked better on the car whilst I've had it :)

..... I just need to teach them to put the centre caps on to point to the valves :roll:

For reference this is the company I used...

RtrCBRt.jpg

and then last Friday it was a trip to Unit 11 in Warrington for a service and break fluid change.

It has been two years since the car was last serviced c600 miles ago when it had a major service at Unit 11, it has been stored for 18 months since on SORN and flew through its MOT but a deeper inspection is always welcome.....

on the ramp...

UZf4zDR.jpg

I spent 1/2 a day with the guys there drinking coffee and talking porsches, always entertaining and the end result was ......... nice car, nothing to worry about :thumb:

A more unusual view of the refurbed wheels....

EB6RL9w.jpg

The 993 really is one of those rare cars which from no matter what angle you look at it ..... it is just gorgeous :worship:

Nice job on rims and very competitively priced. :thumb:

Inner lip of rear arches will need sorting soon. Like mine the inner lip/seam is where the tin worm starts and once you start digging there's always more. More of an age factor than anything else... I ended up doing chassis legs, arches, bumper supports, etc. etc.

C.

cableguy said:
Inner lip of rear arches will need sorting soon.

:eek:

:hand: Can you have a word with the wheel chap that he needs to point the base point of the centre crest to the valve. After the wiper widget this is the second think Illuminati scrutineers check :what:

jonttt said:
and then last Friday it was a trip to Unit 11 in Warrington for a service and break fluid change.

It has been two years since the car was last serviced c600 miles ago when it had a major service at Unit 11, it has been stored for 18 months since on SORN and flew through its MOT but a deeper inspection is always welcome.....

on the ramp...

UZf4zDR.jpg

I spent 1/2 a day with the guys there drinking coffee and talking porsches, always entertaining and the end result was ......... nice car, nothing to worry about :thumb:

A more unusual view of the refurbed wheels....

EB6RL9w.jpg

The 993 really is one of those rare cars which from no matter what angle you look at it ..... it is just gorgeous :worship:

Nice job, I may pay him a visit (although with my number-plate I may not return with all 4 wheels attached) :eek:

cableguy said:

Inner lip of rear arches will need sorting soon. Like mine the inner lip/seam is where the tin worm starts and once you start digging there's always more. More of an age factor than anything else... I ended up doing chassis legs, arches, bumper supports, etc. etc.

C.

Yep, they where like that when I purchased 5 years ago. I took it as one of the indicators that the car was genuine with no accident damage. I investigated and it's purely stone rash on the lower inner lip worse on that side than the other. I treated with killrust and touched up 5 years ago and given the mileage the car now does it stopped the surface rust in its tracks. It's the rust that comes through from behind that you need to worry about but there is no sign of that in the area :thumb:

Ps car has almost done 70k miles

cableguy said:

C.

looking good there sir :thumbs:

though not so sure about the spoke near the tin-worm

- but it could be the light. :?:

the curse of high definition photos!!!

Also - a good reminder that the inner lips of my rear arches also need sorting. Thankfully doesn't spread as quickly as it can on the scuttles, though its a job that can't be ignored,

Zingari said:
cableguy said:
Inner lip of rear arches will need sorting soon.

:eek:

:hand: Can you have a word with the wheel chap that he needs to point the base point of the centre crest to the valve. After the wiper widget this is the second think Illuminati scrutineers check :what:

The terminally OCD among us would also want the tyre maker name central to the valve.

Whilst on the subject of wheel OCD ........

I remember seeing on the Rennlist 993 forum donkeys' (or is it donkey's) years ago that as well as lining up the crest with the valve, you must also ensure that:-

1) The locking wheel nut is on the stud with a paint spot on it.

2) The locking wheel is diagonally opposite the valve.

Jonnt sorry for bringing it back up but could I ask how you got on with the window cleaning spec water purifier? Did you use RO filter?

Cheers for the help!

What a great English weekend :

- great weather
- some time for cars
- Utd lost in the FA cup final
- mates 50th
- more time for cars

The BGTS took most of my attention given the weather but the 993 did get its first wash for nearly 2 years :eek: (OK it was under a cover for most of that) ......

2qciEpR.jpg

VjLifZn.jpg

6Wqz23V.jpg

DtY7Nil.jpg

UskLEqP.jpg

kq6vDM4.jpg

MwpqHMi.jpg

SVs6cs5.jpg

and then back under cover....

3EGVKkD.jpg

The weather forecast is roadster friendly for the next 10 days so the 993 will probably not get used but I've kept it road taxed so when the clouds return I can hopefully get some miles in it this year :thumb:

Update: car has been SORNed :grin:

So after every good intention of running the car a little this year...... I've not :roll: ...... Despite being road taxed all summer its had one drive for a service, one short drive for an MOT, short drive for the wheels to be done and washed once and thats it. I guess I might have done 100 miles this year. To be fair that was mainly down to the magnificent summer we have had and the Boxster GTS. The 993 is great fun but not in hot weather compared to a convertable as good as the BGTS :thumb:

I was due to take it for a nice run to Manchester for the 911UK meet last Saturday but I just could not do it in torrential rain :nooo: ..... so I've given up for the year and SORNed it. At least then I don't have to worry about not driving it :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DomiNozka
Back