Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Secondhand Spec

Car looks incredible and what a story, what was he doing there?

The return of Marty Wild said:
Walter was over at the invitation of Déjà  Vu Motorsport who had arranged a 2-day rally based around the Titanic Quarter in Belfast.

The new local OPC is just around the corner from the Titanic Centre, so the OPC offered to facilitate an evening meet-and-greet event for DVM who had invited Walter over as a guest. By sheer coincidence, I happened to be picking the GT3 up at the same time. :lol:

Got to say that I feel so very privileged to have met Walter. He was a real gent and certainly deserves his nicknames of The Human Computer and Genius On Wheels. :worship:

For me, he turned a very memorable hand-over of a GT car into an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime event. :cloud9:

Attachments

• titanicdejavu_104.jpg
    titanicdejavu_104.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 4,051
DRZ911 said:
The return of Marty Wild said:
Walter was over at the invitation of Déjà  Vu Motorsport who had arranged a 2-day rally based around the Titanic Quarter in Belfast.

The new local OPC is just around the corner from the Titanic Centre, so the OPC offered to facilitate an evening meet-and-greet event for DVM who had invited Walter over as a guest. By sheer coincidence, I happened to be picking the GT3 up at the same time. :lol:

Got to say that I feel so very privileged to have met Walter. He was a real gent and certainly deserves his nicknames of The Human Computer and Genius On Wheels. :worship:

For me, he turned a very memorable hand-over of a GT car into an unforgettable once-in-a-lifetime event. :cloud9:

WOW :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Congrats OP...they're fantastic cars and definitely a car that the more mileage you do the more you appreciate it ! You absolutely have to get it on track to really see what it can do. I was lucky enough to get a new allocation so did my half day at the PEC and have subsequently with PCGB done another half day at the PEC in my own car.

I am going to use one of the PEC instructors to have some price tuition and also go back and do something called a Precision Day at the PEC which is mostly on the main circuit in your own car.

Next year I want to do some road trips.

Oh and great choice of colour....GT3's just wear the bright colours so well. Mine is Lava Orange which is I think pretty much the least popular colour.

Amazing. Meeting Mr Rohrl and having him sign the car. Super 8) 8) 8)

What a great story OP. Having Walter sign your car must be akin to having Pele signing your football boots. (Other sporting analogies are available)
:worship:

left foot brake...

DRZ911 said:
Thanks for the kind comments.

Done about 300 miles in the car in the past week.
And boy is it WOW! WOW! WOW! :D

Many positive comments from family, friends and colleagues who have seen the car, and the colour seems to make everyone smile.

Engine is absolutely stonkin' - no delays or hesitation, just sheer brute delivery of power. :eek:

Bucket seats are surprisingly comfortable (I'm 1.75m), but you need to be an Olympic gymnast to get out of them. :yes:

Steering seems super-direct compared to my previous C4S. Every undulation, ripple and feature of the road surface is fed back up through the steering system to the steering wheel. No front end "bobbing" (as on the C4S) from the front end at motorway speeds. Just feels absolutely planted. :worship:

Brakes are standard cast iron. Initially dead when cold, and squeal like a pig when coming to a standstill, but immensely powerful and confidence inspiring on the move.

Still trying to understand the best technique for tackling gentle slopes from standstill when the HOLD function is not engaged. No creep function on the gearbox like other PDK cars, so a chance of some roll-back. Instead, some slackness and a clonk from the rear axle as drive starts to engage. If anyone can help explain the best method for smooth starts on small inclines with zero roll-back, it would be much appreciated ?

m119cars said:
I would say do it as soon as you can, I learnt so much more about the car in one evening on track than I had in the previous 2000 miles.

They are so good and come alive on track, I was initially very nervous of 500bhp and rear drive but the car is both supremely capable and very forgiving, the electronics really do look after you. On many occasions it let me get away with things that I'm sure other cars would have had me facing backwards in the gravel.

The only problem I had was the noise limit, and that's with a stock system!!!
Great advice and very reassuring. :thumb:

Yes, the standard exhaust is aural-tastic!!! - don't know how they got it homologated for road use. :D

david_yorkshire said:
left foot brake...
Thanks David. :thumb:

Currently trying left foot on the brake, or pulling on the electronic brake on every slope. Both are a bit like trying to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time. :D

Will hopefully get better with time and develop a technique. :oops:

Can you put on the handbrake and just drive off?

Cheib said:
Oh and great choice of colour....GT3's just wear the bright colours so well. Mine is Lava Orange which is I think pretty much the least popular colour.
100% correct on the bright colours looking good on the GT cars, but also think that all 911, Cayman, Boxster and 718 ranges wear the bright colours extremely well. :D :D

Was on the hunt for Lava Orange, Racing Yellow, Miami Blue or Guards Red - the RY was the first that came along in the right spec, so that is the way I went. Think the Lava Orange is a super colour, and in the future will be looked back on as a Porsche classic. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back