Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Base spec 997.2 C2

Budget is up to around £45K so the base spec Carerra that i talk of is well below that. I am just being drawn in as it seems a good deal. Glad i have seen this car as it has opened my mind up to the Carerra but I think i need to wait around for one with a better spec, or even a base spec S.

Thanks again for the info and opinions.

James

£45k gets you a very good spec S, not a base spec!
Don't obsess over low mileage, it's no guarantee of condition or reliability as these cars need to be driven.

Shaoxter said:
Don't obsess over low mileage, it's no guarantee of condition or reliability as these cars need to be driven.
At what sort of mileage do the values tend to start dropping?

jaymzz said:
Shaoxter said:

As with all cars, assuming everything else is equal, the lower the mileage the higher the value. With watercooled 911s the average mileage per year is about 7k so a 7 year old car with 50k miles on it is fairly typical.

After that the psychological thing kicks in and values tend to reduce at 60k+, 70k+ and 80k+ regardless of the cars age. Those showing 90k+ and, even more so, 100k+ become the real entry level priced cars.

At £45k the world is your lobster. You can probably get a VERY good spec C2S or 4S with most of the options. PCCB'S would be the only option that might be hard to sort due to rarity. Everything else is on the table for me. Enjoy the search :thumb:

jaymzz said:
Shaoxter said:
Here's one with sensible miles at a sensible price, missing the sports exhaust though (which you can retrofit/negotiate as part of the sale):
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809070247673

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back