Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wiper Problem

Ruda

Hi All
I have a 2010 Cayman 3.4S and it has developed a little problem with the wipers. Intermittent/auto works perfectly, as does the 1st and 2nd speed but unfortunately, the wipers are now coming to rest at the vertical instead of the horizontal an anyone point me in the right direction to get it to rest at the bottom as it used to ?

Thanks in advance

Ruda

Have you checked the manual, as I seem to remember there is a setting which enables you to position the wipers in the 'up' position for blade changing purposes? there is a button press sequence to reverse it.

May be wrong...may be remembering some other car.

Not something ive ever seen before ..

I take it what ever you use .. intermitant , 1 or 2 speed it always parks vertically ?

Has anyone worked on the car that might have caused this .. ie wiper mechanism removed ?

My only guess is the wiper motor is connected 180 degrees out on the arm .. but someone would have had to do this .. if the arm goes loose it will just flop about or not work .

If the wiper arms are loose again they will be all over the place .

It feels more mechanical rather than electrical to me .

mangobay said:
Have you checked the manual, as I seem to remember there is a setting which enables you to position the wipers in the 'up' position for blade changing purposes? there is a button press sequence to reverse it.

Thanks. I will definitely have a look.

deMort said:
Not something ive ever seen before ..

I take it what ever you use .. intermitant , 1 or 2 speed it always parks vertically ?

Has anyone worked on the car that might have caused this .. ie wiper mechanism removed ?

My only guess is the wiper motor is connected 180 degrees out on the arm .. but someone would have had to do this .. if the arm goes loose it will just flop about or not work .

If the wiper arms are loose again they will be all over the place .

It feels more mechanical rather than electrical to me .

No they were working perfectly on a trip to the Nurburgring this weekend and then decided to start "resting" in the vertical on auto. they were still working perfectly in every mode but all speeds but just rested at the vertical. Had to take the passenger side one off as a result.

Steve

mangobay said:

This seems to be for cars who's wipers can't be lifted clear of the bonnet. Some VW's for instance.
Thanks anyway Mangobay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back