Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some advice about a 911

Those techart kits always look to me like a dog sticking its head out the window of a moving car from the front.

Attachments

• giphy_101.gif
    giphy_101.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,395
giphy.gif

:grin:

HSC911 said:
Exelzion said:
Hi its not a turbo or made to look like one...

Why has it got Turbo vents in the sides then :dont know:

Who's the seller :?

As long as you are happy with it then that's all that matters :thumb:

he took the tekart ones out and put the turbo ones in as he didnt like them apparently.

If its from a decent indy and your worried about IMS the general view is if they have not been changed and the cars made it to 100k then leave alone but if you really want it sorting then either get the indy to do it or factor 1k off the price to get it done , their are aftermarket IMS options available they guys on here can tell you which are the best.
other than that get a PPI with a borescope agree to get the Indie to fully recomission it which would inc oil fluids brake service and possibly after 4 years new tyres. :thumb: cant see the pice so cant advise if its priced correctly or if you could find better for the money . my gut feel is the price should be mid 20K's max, based on the fact you can get a very sorted 996 for 18/ 20k and the techart kit is now worth 5k max, more than that and you should be considering a 997.1 with an aero kit :thumb: my old 997.1 is up for sale at an indie for 29k and that has many power mods as well as visual up grades and thats also why you shouldnt be paying more than 25k for it . heres a pic of my old 997.1 for comparison

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_645.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_645.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 2,304
  • car1b_919.jpg
    car1b_919.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 2,304
I'd be more concerned about bore scoring than IMS on a 997, particularly if it's an S.

Exelzion said:
he took the tekart ones out and put the turbo ones in as he didnt like them apparently.

My point was WHY has it got vents at all if it's not a turbo, not about the vents themselves, sorry for the confusion :pc:

:thumb:

Any temptations to buy it back Phil?

FZP said:
Any temptations to buy it back Phil?

Frank , that has been rolled over so many times in my head mate, especially given the issues I have had with the gen2 and lack or issues in 4.5 yrs of owning the gen1 :grin: but I am hoping when the gen2 comes back from Hartech it will not give me any more issues for a while . :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back