Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Secondhand Spec

No more itch for the time being 👍

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the pics

Picked up my racing yellow 991.2 GT3 yesterday evening. :D :D :D

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Belfast OPC and was treated fantastically by Carl, Ben and the rest of the team. Stunning hospitality and extraordinary customer service. :thumb:

And just when I thought things couldn't get any better, Walter Rà¶hrl comes along to say hello and signs the deck lid. An absolute delight and privilege to talk to Walter. :worship:

Car is everything I had hoped for :-
- practically new with immaculate paintwork and 1K miles
- a spec very close to the one I would have picked myself
- at idle the engine sounds like a bucket full of spanners, the roll cage creaks/groans like an Elizabethan galleon, the brakes squeal like 10 London taxis, but once on the move, she communicates through every nerve ending and screams in a way which sends shivers down your spine :eek: :eek:

I know I am really blessed to have such a car in my care and I hope that I can do it justice. My 911 learning experience has started all over again with this GT3 and I can't wait for the next lesson. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• dsc_0410_417.jpg
    dsc_0410_417.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6,115
  • dsc_0416_150.jpg
    dsc_0416_150.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6,115
That looks amazing. Congrats and enjoy getting to know the car.

You lucky bloke!

Saw a load of GT 3's being driven round Croft the other week and they were awesome.

How fortuitous was that to have the main man there when you collected it. Get the signature PPF film covered ASAP!

Thanks for the kind comments.

Done about 300 miles in the car in the past week.
And boy is it WOW! WOW! WOW! :D

Many positive comments from family, friends and colleagues who have seen the car, and the colour seems to make everyone smile.

Engine is absolutely stonkin' - no delays or hesitation, just sheer brute delivery of power. :eek:

Bucket seats are surprisingly comfortable (I'm 1.75m), but you need to be an Olympic gymnast to get out of them. :yes:

Steering seems super-direct compared to my previous C4S. Every undulation, ripple and feature of the road surface is fed back up through the steering system to the steering wheel. No front end "bobbing" (as on the C4S) from the front end at motorway speeds. Just feels absolutely planted. :worship:

Brakes are standard cast iron. Initially dead when cold, and squeal like a pig when coming to a standstill, but immensely powerful and confidence inspiring on the move.

Still trying to understand the best technique for tackling gentle slopes from standstill when the HOLD function is not engaged. No creep function on the gearbox like other PDK cars, so a chance of some roll-back. Instead, some slackness and a clonk from the rear axle as drive starts to engage. If anyone can help explain the best method for smooth starts on small inclines with zero roll-back, it would be much appreciated ?

No creep on the PDK is something I don't like either :nooo:

Anyone know if the brakes on a Turbo are different to the ones fitted to a GT 3, talking std brakes not PCCB.

DRZ911 said:

Many positive comments from family, friends and colleagues who have seen the car, and the colour seems to make everyone smile.

Engine is absolutely stonkin' - no delays or hesitation, just sheer brute delivery of power. :eek:

Bucket seats are surprisingly comfortable (I'm 1.75m), but you need to be an Olympic gymnast to get out of them. :yes:

Steering seems super-direct compared to my previous C4S. Every undulation, ripple and feature of the road surface is fed back up through the steering system to the steering wheel. No front end "bobbing" (as on the C4S) from the front end at motorway speeds. Just feels absolutely planted. :worship:

Brakes are standard cast iron. Initially dead when cold, and squeal like a pig when coming to a standstill, but immensely powerful and confidence inspiring on the move.

Still trying to understand the best technique for tackling gentle slopes from standstill when the HOLD function is not engaged. No creep function on the gearbox like other PDK cars, so a chance of some roll-back. Instead, some slackness and a clonk from the rear axle as drive starts to engage. If anyone can help explain the best method for smooth starts on small inclines with zero roll-back, it would be much appreciated ?

Congrats DRZ - can't help with the roll-back I'm afraid (handbrake and clutch bite with my old jallopy :grin: ) but what an absolutely cracking car and great colour to go with it. Health to enjoy. :thumbs:

Can't be too many yellow GT3's around the Old Smoke so I'll keep an eye out and pass a friendly wave if I see you. :thumb:

Thanks FRZ, look forwards to seeing you out and about. :lol:

DRZ911 said:

The car is just stunning - must catch up to see it P! :D :thumb:

Looks like an amazing machine, every journey an event!

Will you take it on a track, surely the only way to get to know just how much of an automotive masterpiece you've got there.

MJA911 said:

Will you take it on a track, surely the only way to get to know just how much of an automotive masterpiece you've got there.
Good question. :lol:

Reckon on my long journey to understand what the GT3 is all about, at my most optimistic I would say I'm at about 10% at the moment.

If, and when, I feel I'm starting to understand how the whole thing works and flows together (when I'm maybe at say 40%), I would certainly consider taking it to a track. Have done a few track days to date in other cars, so know I have a really long way to go before I can do credit to the GT3 on a track. :oops:

Good plan. Took me a while to take my GT3 to a track and found myself being let past everything else for one of the sessions, didn't expect that, I was just trying to do the basics as well as possible. Incredible machines.

DRZ911 said:
MJA911 said:

Good question. :lol:

Reckon on my long journey to understand what the GT3 is all about, at my most optimistic I would say I'm at about 10% at the moment.

If, and when, I feel I'm starting to understand how the whole thing works and flows together (when I'm maybe at say 40%), I would certainly consider taking it to a track. Have done a few track days to date in other cars, so know I have a really long way to go before I can do credit to the GT3 on a track. :oops:

I would say do it as soon as you can, I learnt so much more about the car in one evening on track than I had in the previous 2000 miles.

They are so good and come alive on track, I was initially very nervous of 500bhp and rear drive but the car is both supremely capable and very forgiving, the electronics really do look after you. On many occasions it let me get away with things that I'm sure other cars would have had me facing backwards in the gravel.

The only problem I had was the noise limit, and that's with a stock system!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back