Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo Topgear Valved exhausts - Vacuum issue

I just spent some time on the car again..

Taking into account my post earlier. I decided to test the output from the change over valve (into the diverter valves).. They do not hold vacuum...

I ran the engine with the pipe disconnected from the T-Piece (33 on the diagram) and as i placed my finger on and off the pipe the Vacuum increased and decreased..

It looks like my diverter valves are bad..

What are the implications of driving with faulty diverter valves?? upgraded or standard??

The car is now fixed.. :thumb:

It was a faulty Diverter valve, it wasn't holding a vacuum..

I have now replaced them both with new OEM versions. It took about 1.5 hours to do and a new hose clamp kit made the job much easier.. With the diverter valves removed, I replaced a check valve and a few other hose connections, cable tying every vacuum line I could access.

I took the car for a drive today and what can I say.. WOW.. the performance was so much better.. Boost was almost instant, 0.7-0.8.. The car feels so much quicker. (I thought it was ok before!!!!)..

As for the noise..it is certainly LOUD with the valves open. I just need to drive the car now..

My next challenge is to install a genuine Exhaust switch and build a small circuit to control the valves.. Parts have been ordered..

MisterCorn said:
I did a write up on fitting the PSE switch here, including electrical installation:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=118956&highlight=pse

MC

Thanks for that. I will also look to integrate the Remote system so it will work with the PSE switch and the remote.. I quite like being able to change the exhaust setting from outside the car as well..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back