Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Induction noise

g911omr

Nurburgring
Over the weekend I managed to remove the Hemholtz thingy from my 3.4.
Slight improvement in sound, but a tad more would be nice.
Anyone tried a different filter?

Cheers

Put a BMC sports filter in it and have you also fitted the smooth silicon hose if not do that as well :thumb: :thumb:

I've actually used a spray can lid and the O ring from the resonator to block the
hole and re attached the original intake pipe work to that.
Sounds like a bit of a bodge, but actually fits perfectly.
Would changing the intake pipe make any difference?

Don't think the pipe will make any appreciable difference to the sound, the panel filter should a bit though, there's a forum member :not me!) clearing out 996 bits on the for sale section that has one going very cheap if you wanted one

I did this mod on my C4s and it made a nice difference. Id kept the silicon intake tube so put it on my C2, made next to no difference. I don't think changing the panel filter will make much difference really.

I believe its induction kit if your looking for some really noticeable induction noise.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back