Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Questions re Dash Side Vents and Gurney Strip

is1

Hi all

I've a couple of questions that I don't think searches are going to reveal the answers to:

1. I'd like to change the dash side vents (i.e. the panel that houses the light switch and headlight level(?)) and possibly the one on the left side. How easy are these to remove without removing most of the dash?

2. I have a gen 1 Aerokit Cup 996 and want to fit the gurney strip on the rear edge of the lower spoiler blade. I have bought one but how should it be fitted? The underside is "concave" so not sure how to get it to adhere to the spoiler blade.

Thanks

On the 2nd point, did you buy the gt3 gurney flap and that has a concave design

Those headlamp surrounds should be quite easy to remove

Go to here and download body internal .. instructions are in it ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=83491

Its very easy though to be honest .. light switch knob removal is a screwdriver pushed upwards on the metal tab in the hole ... x3 screws and a little bit of pulling / wiggleing to get the panel off.

Rossi, deMort, thanks.
Looks like the vent panel shouldn't be too bad.

Re the gurney strip, it's a replica one as the genuine one is £315, which is a bit daft. The underside, where it seats on the spoiler, isn't flat, it's concave.
Perhaps it's meant to be that way to get some sealant or adhesive under there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back