Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early PDKs - How long do they last ?

It's one of those additional items that occurs in the schedule. You don't request it, but I wouldn't assume it was done.

coming from another mark that also has a dual clutch (2008) tM, the Porsche oil changes are way too long between and need to be shorter than what's in the book

I am Spartacus!

It was me who changed the gear oil at 8 years and 35k miles.

Reason? To put Millers Oils NT+ gear oil in there for increased lubcricity and reduced friction which also reduces wear and heat.

I had the oil tested as Millers offer that service for a small fee ~£30. The analysis showed that at 8 years and 35k miles the oil was out of spec and no longer fit for purpose.

I write a regular monthly column for Total911 magazine and the results were published in Issue 164.

In future I shall be changing my gear oil every 6 years.

Joe

A friend of mine had a Cayman R with a PDK box problem. Despite trying every reasonable effort to get it repaired (out of warranty), nothing worked. The local OPC could do nothing to get a satisfactory solution.

He traded it in for a Cayman GTS with a manual box!

Cheers, Keith.

Jcx said:
I am Spartacus!

Reason? To put Millers Oils NT+ gear oil in there for increased lubcricity and reduced friction which also reduces wear and heat.

I had the oil tested as Millers offer that service for a small fee ~£30. The analysis showed that at 8 years and 35k miles the oil was out of spec and no longer fit for purpose.

I write a regular monthly column for Total911 magazine and the results were published in Issue 164.

Joe

Thanks: just out of interest, is that 35k miles of normal daily use or more spirited and track day driving?

MaxA said:
Jcx said:
I am Spartacus!

Joe

Thanks: just out of interest, is that 35k miles of normal daily use or more spirited and track day driving?

Hmmm... I bought it at 28k miles so can only speak to the 7k in my hands at that point which was 99% fun road driving.

I suspect much of the other driving was 99% fun road too based on what i know of the past owners.

I think this car was only a daily for the first owner who kept it for 3 months. Thereafter i think it was a high-days car for all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back