Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Water collecting on the undertray

Shedman

I just got back from a two week holiday and luckily it rain a bit whilst I was away. When I pulled off the drive I parked up and spotted a trail of water where the car had moved.

Would it be a good guess that it had just collected on the undertray during the rain ? Or should I worry more.

With all that hot weather you've been having in the UK perhaps its a build up of condensation in the drip tray after using your A/C :dont know:

ATB :)

After heavy rain I have the same thing....never really thought about it but I suppose it could be the undertray. I just assumed it was run off from the gutters, rear window trap and the rain sitting on the paintwork slipping off my waxed body :eek: .........

Please remember not a lot of 993's see rain so don't expect a massive response :floor:

Absolutely tipped down one night at Le Mans this year and afterwards I noticed water below the spare tyre. I figured a slight leak around bonnet seal... sorted by putting it away in the garage! ;-)

decgraham said:
With all that hot weather you've been having in the UK perhaps its a build up of condensation in the drip tray after using your A/C :dont know:

ATB :)

Yes indeed it was great weather. I did think of that but I'd only just started it.

Tobesetc said:
Absolutely tipped down one night at Le Mans this year and afterwards I noticed water below the spare tyre. I figured a slight leak around bonnet seal... sorted by putting it away in the garage! ;-)

Thanks, sadly no garage but looking at building one.

ColinC said:
After heavy rain I have the same thing....never really thought about it but I suppose it could be the undertray. I just assumed it was run off from the gutters, rear window trap and the rain sitting on the paintwork slipping off my waxed body :eek: .........

Please remember not a lot of 993's see rain so don't expect a massive response :floor:

At. I'll say no more about the waxed body. :roll:

I just got back from a two week holiday and luckily it rain a bit whilst I was away. When I pulled off the drive I parked up and spotted a trail of water where the car had moved.

Would it be a good guess that it had just collected on the undertray during the rain ? Or should I worry more.

On Holiday and a 993 on the drive? I would check your milage - so it could be the A/C - if it works of course!

Shedman said:

Seriously your not serious? :nooo:

Milly said:

On Holiday and a 993 on the drive? I would check your milage - so it could be the A/C - if it works of course!

My eldest Daughter and my mum were there all the time and it was hemmed in by two other cars so not easy to move. I really must build a garage.

wozy said:
Shedman said:

Seriously your not serious? :nooo:

About what ? It raining in England ? :)

Mine dumps puddles of water below the doors after a long run with the aircon on. I assume it's nothing to worry about.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back