Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.1 Paint coming of bonnet

I'm no expert but that looks more like a painting issue than damage. I would go back under warranty and ask for a good explanation as to what could have happened.

MC

:agree:
Its worth a chat with your OPC to sort out as it doesn't look like a chip to me

Looks like the top coat paint has not adhered properly to the primer, so would suggest a manufacturing defect. Definitely worth pushing for a warranty repair.

:welcome:

And commiserations :sad:

You don't write books do you :dont know: You know, Wizards and stuff :wizard:

Or sing
elvis-071.gif
and drive Lambo's/Ferrari's etc :?

:thumb:

Sorry :oops: it's beer night :drink:

Went to my OPC - they said it *may* be have been a sharp stone chip and then the elements got underneath the paint/primer layer and caused the bubbling.

They are going to get a bodyshop expert to look at it and decide if its warranty acceptable and I guess their decision is final right?

Generally is final. Had a similar problem on a BMW which they just flatly denied.

A different question - how old is this car? The paint looks quite heavily swirled as well.

Best of luck OP, think you may have an uphill struggle with your OPC

Without knowing the age of the car and its history

my thoughts would be it had been painted previously and not by a very good bodyshop

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back